1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Boot Dos From USB Stick??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chibby, Feb 23, 2007.

1. chibby

chibby Member

Sorry if this is a dumb ? but I cant figure out how to boot my cpu into dos from the usb stick. Ive been trying all day to flash my xbox drive with no success. Ive read countless guides and seen the video tut 25 times. When I got into dos earlier, my screens were different than the one on the video and I couldnt get anything to work. I know im missing somthing simple, but im just not understanding everything. HELP! Thank You!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

when your computer is first starting up you should see something that says press something to go into setup, mine is the delete key, just look around for it and go into your setup and then go to advanced bios and pick boot order then pick usb as first boot item then you can flash!

3. chibby

chibby Member

Thanks im going to try it now.

4. chibby

chibby Member

Im using the m28 Guide and when I go to type in any commands, befor I do it says to turn on the 360, but when I do a red light is on on the 360 and the cpu freezes so I cant type in any prompts. How do I get around this?

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

make sure a video cable is plugged into your 360 it doesnt have to go to anything but it must be plugged up to work

6. chibby

chibby Member

Well, I got the samread to work but cand get the samhack to work. It just says not detected, abort. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, or has anyone been through a similar experiance?