1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i burn a DvD using DVD Shrink and with it having compression?Please Help Me!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Superkid, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Superkid

Superkid Guest

I have tried over and over to burn a dvd with the compression thing but i haven't found out a way to do it. I have tried over and over again but the movie won't play on a device except my computer? i can burn a dvd when it has no compression perfectly but i can't with compression. I have aslo tried using DVD Decrypter but it still won't work. Can somebody explain to me how to do this please!!! Can you please tell me what to do on that options and choices you have to make before the burning and encoding part begins, how do you do it?

2. colw

colw Active member

Have you tried downloading or reading any of the guides for DVD Shrink available on this site??

You could try this site/guide for starters

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello superkid, what media are you using?What make and model is your burner?That is pretty weird you can watch a non compressed backup but not a compressed backup.Your media may be the key.Also go into shrink,edit,preferences. on that screen, click on target size where it says dv5,dv9, and custom. Click on custom, and set target size to 4300 mbs. This will help from burning the edge of the disc,lots of problems can happen on that area of the disc.Those options you have before the encoding is:where to sent the file,region,enhancements,and burnspeed.To get the size down,click on main movie,drag to left of screen and hit backup. Hope this helps, later