1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn and avi file and mpeg file with Nero6

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Braves05, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Braves05

Braves05 Member

i am a newbie at this and i have been tryin fo days to burn my first dvd. and when i go to add my files a error comes up not compatiable ext. found. So if anyone can help them i will be glad to try u solution.

2. gulcher

gulcher Guest

Hi I am new also but I know that you must turn your avi files into vob. files before Nero will take them a program from pegasus is what works for me. You must put them through pegasus then Nero. Another expensive step to torture you with. Look up pegasus imaging on the web.
    Rock on
    Gulcher

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you use NeroVision Express, you can select the Make DVD option and add your AVI, MPEG, VOB, etc files and burn to DVD.

If that's what you are doing, then I would need to know what program created the files. And do you only have this issue with one or both of the files you are trying to work with?

Regards,

Craig

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Tsk tsk, you go on focusing on the lame VCD application Nero.
    Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 and make a (S)VCD instead of a DVD. You'll need a .MPG or an .AVI (with the correct codec installed on your PC or you cannot decode, therefore look at the .AVI).