1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i burn at 1x with DVD decrypter?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Anthony7, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Hi i was wondering how do i burn at 1x? when i write my iso file on dvd decrypter and i pick 1x to burn, it somehow always end up writing at about 2.4X. Cos i heard u have to burn it at 1x, if higher the game becomes messed up.
    Thanks

2. nelberto

nelberto Member

buy discs that support speed 1:)

3. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

alright thanks
    another question
    IF i download a ps2 game from the web
    how do i convert it to iso file?
    for example if the files are in "r01" to "r73" formats.

4. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

Shouldn't be talkin about downloadin games from the net.....but any time you have a file with an extension like that, you need winrar to extract it.

5. Cixx

Cixx Member

Use Winrar 2 extract the files. When finished you'll get an iso.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Not always true. I use 8X Phillips DVD-R discs and set DVD Decrypter to 1X and it still burns at 3.8X every time. But every one works fine.
    As long as they work you don't have to worry about 2.4X, that should be slow enough. If they don't then you will have to get someone to tell you how to set up your PC so that it will burn slower. And if possible never buy discs lower than a 4X speed for games, i find they sre a hit or miss thing. Also make sure you get some quality media, burning movies is one thing and just about any old DVD will work. But games you need to have good quality media like Phillips, TDK, Ritec to name a few. You will also have to figure out if your PS2 likes +R or -R better, my V7 and slim can read either, but they seem to do much better with -R

hope all that was helpful and didn't confuse you too much. It's really not hard at all once you do 1 or 2 of them and find out what works best for you.

7. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

nope nothing can be done software wise. with liteon drives you could use omnipatcher to change the media's writespeeds to 1x or 2.4x. with other ones ya can't. get 2.4 or 1x media

8. keras

keras Regular member

Also..

+r disks are 2.4x+
    -r disks can be from 1x+

Now, assuming you have a disk that supports 1x, sometimes burners do not support 1x, which I am supposing is the case with you. I burn all of mine at 2x (lowest speed possible for me) and have no problems. Sometimes updating your firmware on your burner will allow lower burning speeds, but this is something that should only be done as a last resort (to avoid permanent damage to the burner through flashing it). If your backups are coming out ok at a higher speed, I wouldn't worry about it.

9. keras

keras Regular member

should have read your post a little better. You are using +r media...therefore 2.4 is the lowest write speed.

10. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

thanks everyone
    a few questions from reading the posts
    first, steimy, why buy dvds that burns higher than 4x when it is recommended to burn at 1x?
    and how important is the quality of the media.cos i tested it on a really cheap no brand DVD 4x and it works fine on my ps2. would the poor media hurt my ps2 laser?
    and i have some FujiFilm DVD-R 4x.is that considered as a good quality media?

11. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I believe that the Poor media is bad for the older PS2's V1-4. But I think anything above that. Especially the slim PSTwo's the quality doesn't really matter. I read that on a forum somewhere.