1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn games bigger then 4gb

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gotti320, Mar 27, 2005.

1. gotti320

gotti320 Member

hey whats up people i use the winrar program to open the files to get the iso file and when i drag the iso file to my desktop so i can burn it is sez something error about u cant put files bigger then 4gb on this file or folder something like that does any 1 know how do i burn games bigger then 4gb on to a dvdr cd cuz my dvdr cd's can hold up to 4.7gb and the game is only 4.3 but i just need to find out how can i burn it if anyone could help me ill aprreciate it thankz

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Single layer discs are not 4.7GB they are 4.4GB, the 4.7 is measure in japanese bites which is 1000 KB to a MB, but in reality its 1024. To fit it on delete files that you dont need i.e xbox live files.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You basically have two options:

1) You can burn to a DL disc, which allows twice as much space as a standard dvd.

2) You can delete files to make the game smaller. If the game is an Xbox Live Enabled game, then delete those files first. In a lot of cases, deleting the XBL files brings it under the standard dvd size. If it's STILL too big, delete videos or sounds that can take up space. It's not really a recommended idea, as this can screw up games and might miss crucial parts of the game.

4. vixen76

vixen76 Member

5. gotti320

gotti320 Member

thankz pople but i figured it out i aint mean the game it self i ment like my desktop it wasnt lettin me put games bigger then 4gb on it or in a folder but i found out how to convert your desktop to hold any size no limit but thankz i aprreciate your help

6. gotti320

gotti320 Member

sorry i meant people not pople lol