1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn more than one copy at a time?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by axlman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. axlman

axlman Regular member

Hi, I'm using DVDD and Shrink, Shrink is using Nero to burn the movie. My questions are, 1. If I want to burn more than one copy of the same DVD, is there a way to tell Shrink to burn more than 1 copy? I've noticed that it only burns 1 copy and does not give any options to burn more than that after 1 recode. I've also noticed that I have to re-encode the same movie again to burn it again.

2. Why does Shrink want to keep saving the same files in new folders? Why can't I just tell it to use and burn the previous backup without having to re-encode again.

Thanks for any help!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Not when using Nero or DVD Decrypter to burn. Copy To DVD however can be set to ask if you want another copy at the completion of the burn.

You shouldn't have to since the compressed files should still be on your hard drive in whatever location you set Shrink to put them.

You need to create a folder just for your DVD rips then direct Shrink to use that folder. Once you start to work with a new film it'll tell you the folder is full and ask if you want to delete the existing files.

3. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Copy the origional with Shrink, then use Nero to make as many dups as you want.

4. axlman

axlman Regular member

Ok, thanks for the reply's. Ok, if I copy with shrink, should I save the file as an iso? then open the iso with Nero? If so, then should I just use the standard nero burning? I don't want to burn with Nero recode right?

5. axlman

axlman Regular member

Nephilim:

I have tried using the re-coded files that shrink created, after the first burn. but when I go back into shrink and pull the files from that folder, it wants to re-encode again rather than just burn them.

6. Nephilim

Naturally Shrink will want to reencode them since that's all it does - it's not a burning program. Just use Nero to burn another copy.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  7. axlman

axlman Regular member

Ok, cool. can you tell me how to use NEro to reburn the already re-encoded files? Or is there a giude somewhere?

Thanks for all your help! :)

8. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Delete the files used to make the Origional copy from DVDV Shrink, then just use Nero to make a DVD Disc copy. On the menu for Nero you will see the option of "How many copies to make" enter your desired amount. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  9. axlman

axlman Regular member

ok, so basically, just copy the first DVD disc that I made? Thanks

10. Nephilim

Open Nero Burning ROM.

Under the New Compilation window select DVD-Video for VOB/IFO/BUP files or DVD-ROM (UDF) for ISOs.

Use the file browser on the right to find either the VIDEO_TS folder or the ISO you want to burn then drag and drop them/it into the far left column under the header called "New".

Now you're ready to burn.

11. Nephilim

Making a copy of the copy is going to take longer than simply burning another from your hard drive. If the files are there there's no sense deleting them before you burn the second copy.