1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn movie for austraila

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by flabob, Apr 9, 2005.

1. flabob

flabob Regular member

im going to Austraila in 4 months....and my friend there has a dvd player that says it plays "region free", along with dvd+rw, mp3's..and +r disc....is there a certain way to burn for that part of the country?....thx for any help :O))
    bob

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

flabob,
    You can change your burner to that region or you can go to the "Firmware Page" and see if there is a hack to make your drive Region Free. DVDD and Shrink amke the DVD region free anyway. If no hack you only can change your drive 4 more times

3. flabob

flabob Regular member

thx Mike...i appreciate it. Do you know of a site i can read up on how to change your burners region..ive never done it before...thx again...i use nero to burn,i have a philps dvdrw-+ a pioneer 108-..and a sony burner..is that what i have to change?

bob

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

flabob ,
    I will PM you a site to go to. Well you have 3 drives so hopefully one of them can be done

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

if his dvd player is region free, burn it in your region, or if you use shrink it will be free by default. What matters more is the tv type (oz is PAL, usa is NTSC) find out if his tv is capable of displaying a ntsc picture as some are some arent. If he cant you will have to re-encode the video from ntsc to pal

6. flabob

flabob Regular member

thx for the info Cat and Mike....i will find out if her tv is formatted for NTSC...thx again :O)

bob

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Almost all decrypting programs make the backup dvd region free. But as stated you will probably have a PAL/ NTSC format problem. I have read that most overseas PAL systems can also play NTSC. Only the USA equipment is NTSC only. You should have your friend check the specs on his player. It should tell him if its able to play NTSC. If YES you should be OK.

Jerry

8. flabob

flabob Regular member

thx Jerry.......she says her player and tv is ntsc formatted,so we shall see..lol...it will be interesting to say the least :O)..thx again

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you will find over here that more players and tv's have the option to use both the PAL and NTSC format as they are built in these days.Yeah we were once backwards but not now.

10. flabob

flabob Regular member

cool :O))..thx merr and Jerry......she says she has the NSTC on her tv and player....i appreciate the info...

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have fun down under.

Jerry

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if your any where near NSW drop in and see CJC and if you are near melboune come and have a beer.