1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn Mpg and .AVI movie files to a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by discus240, Jan 30, 2005.

1. discus240

discus240 Guest

I have a bunch of .mpg and .avi files i would like to burn onto a DVD to watch on my TV.
    How do i do this and what programs do i need?

thanks

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

not much info offered.
    if you have nero, nero vision express will do that.
    How about telling us what your working with?You want to burn, so you must have a dvd burner, and a burning program?

3. discus240

discus240 Guest

I have dvd decrpyt, anydvd and dvd shrink.
    I am a shot/discus thrower and have alot of videos downloaded from online. I wanted to compile them all, transfer the to a .iso file or anything compatible in order to burn them onto a dvd+r or dvd+rw

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

These won't do it for you. You need software than can convert your mpg/avi files to mpeg2 (VOB). Like jim_dandy said, NeroVision Express will do what you want; it is a one program does it all solution for you. You "make a movie" with it by creating a project, loading your mpg/avi's into the project, create chapters and a menu, and then burn the project. During the burn phase it converts the source files to VOB (mpeg2) and creates the VIDEO_TS folder necessary for a dvd movie to play in your dvd player.

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member