1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn my Kazaa movies using Roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6 or Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jenny3145, Aug 18, 2003.

1. jenny3145

jenny3145 Member

I just got a new TDK dvd burner and I tried to burn a movie I downloaded from kazaa to a vcd... When I put it into my dvd player which does play vcd's it would not work. So I was just wondering if I needed any other special software to do this.
    Thanx

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You didnt even mention if the file burnt to VCD (?) was .mpeg or .avi ...etc etc ?

VCD is pretty crap quality really , and there is a seperate forum here in Afterdawn for VCD/SVCD

VCD - Mpeg 1
    SVCD - Mpeg 2

TMPGEnc Plus will convert .avi to .mpeg2

Seeing as Mpeg2 is DVD compiant you can just add loads of Mpeg2 files into TMPGEnc DVD Author and put say 6 or 7 whole movies onto DVD-R (+R)

[ You might want to have a little read up on different formats/guides to software btw , just a suggestion ]

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

In Roxio 6 you need to use DVD builder program. This will take the Divx, or avi file and convert to DVD or SVCD. Just select the file and add it to the menu. Then select to burn the DVD. If you have a DVD burner I would use the DVD quality and not the SVCD or VCD, as they are not as good.