1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn new movies using decrypter and shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smitty25, Apr 1, 2007.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

I've been able to burn 95% of all my movies using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. Sometimes I can't use shrink and have to use dvd decrypter in file mode and then use shrink. It works most of the time. The movies i've tried to burn are the guardian, the inside man, and the pirates of the carribean 2. When I tried to burn these I get this message-failed to read file "D:1". When I use decrypter and try to use the file mode I get an error message and three little boxes pop up and it freezes. I just burned ice age 2 using the same 2 programs and it worked fine. I don't know what to do please help. Thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Add another program here - DVDFab Decryper - free. link.
    Use that to rip instead of decrypter on these. It's still updated where decrypter and shrink no longer are.
    That's why these works on some but others - depends on the copy protection used.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Binkie gave you the how, so I'll supply the why. The copy protection has been increased on some of the new movies. Movies from Sony, Lionsgate, and Disney are among some of the most difficult. It's ARccOS with a lot of bogus files to make the backup software see the files as noncompliant. As pointed out, the old decryption software can't handle the problem. For freeware the DVDFab Decrypter is about the only good game going with RipIt4Me hard to find for a download. You may want to get FixVTS, because it's sometimes needed for processing the ripped files to make them more DVD compliant.