1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Burn & Play PS2 Burns?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by FCF420, Sep 3, 2004.

1. FCF420

FCF420 Guest

Hey guys I have a dvd burner that came with my dell and the software is Sonic Recordnow

Can I use this to burn a backup of dvds & PS2 games?

How can I tune it up so that it can do this?

And what do I need for my computer to burn backup of dvds and PS2 games?

What do I need for my PS2 for it to play them?

And how do I install modchip?

Will I need one?

Are there any particular ones that I will need?

I would really appreciate it you guys would help me out I'm just a old gamer, tv junkie, and movie addict

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

first in order to play backups you will need a modchip or use swap cds which is easier to install but i if you have experience in soldering i will recommend a modchip like matrix infinity which is the one i use you can buy it from www.divineo.com or www.modchipman.com.
    i don't think you can burn good backups with Sonic Recordnow what you need is alcohol 120% or other type of programs which i dont remember the names right now and also you have to use good quality media like ritek, verbatim and maxell.

I hope you undertand :)

3. oosthnj

oosthnj Guest

Hi there

The software you can use is DVD - Decrypter. It is the best for copying dvd or PS2 games. You can download it here at Afterdawn + the guide. You will also need a modchip to play the backups.

Also, someplaystion version can only read DVD -R and the other version can only read DVD +R. DVD -R is normally for data and PS2 games but DVD +R is a better quality DVD and it is used for DVD and PS2 games. The speeds are better on DVD +R dvds. Hope this helps.