1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn ps2 games useing DVD decrypter?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by matthew7, Jun 12, 2007.

1. matthew7

matthew7 Member

I got my ps2 modded (magic key set with boot disk). So I went into nero and clicked DVD and then clicked copy DVD. after that process i used the boot disk and when i put the burnt DVD the eye reader moved REALLY close to the circle that spins the DVD and it was rubbing against it. So i showed my brother and he said that i did it wrong and i need to use DVD decrypter.so i opened DVD Decrypter and went to mode. ISO read and this error message came up saying gibberish but i moved on with the process. when it was done i went to mode.iso write. but before i did that i went to the desktop (which is where the file was put, and i extracted the file to the desktop again) anyways when i went to write i clicked brows and put the extracted files onto the DVD+R dual layer but it didn't work...so how do i do it properly?

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

If you're trying boot a DVD9 game like Rogue Galaxy or the God of War games with Swap Magic (since you did mention something about a boot disk), you simply cannot play dual-layered games and need to shrink the file size down onto a DVD5. The TOC size exceeds the Swap Magic's size of about 4.34 gigabytes; hence, you cannot boot anything bigger than it like those DVD9 games.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

http://home.earthlink.net/~moderator/id3.html
    that is the DVD Decrypter method. and some final tips:
    1. ALWAYS use top quality DVD's when making games
    2. If using a 8X or 16X disc set DVD Decrypter to burn it at 4X
    3. If using DVD+R, and if your burner supports it, make sure you change the booktype on the disc from DVD+R to DVD-Rom using the small book icon by the burning speed.