1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn Sideways (2004) NTSC DVDSCR onto DVD??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by meatsack, Feb 13, 2005.

1. meatsack

meatsack Member

Could someone please give me detailed instructions on how to burn this file onto DVD. The downloaded file is an .img file which I mounted to my virtual drive with alchohol. I tried burning it three times and every time it would only be able to be watched on my DVD-Rom but not on my stand alone DVD player. I found a post about this topic on a similar forum site but the instructions given were very vague. Someone mentioned something about using Nero Recode to change it. I have this program but am not quite sure how to use it. Another person said something about using a feture called "Get VTS Sectors" on a program called ifoedit (which I also have) but I was unsure about what he was talking about. Could someone please help me out! Thanks in advance for any help. :)

2. jables

jables Member

For .img files use DVDDecrypter. Yes, it also burns img files as well.

I had the same problem with this also. It wouldn't play on my stand-alone dvd player. I took a shot and ran it thru DVDFab. It fixed the problem - whatever it was - and plays fine now. It only takes a few minutes since it's basically just copying the movie.

3. meatsack

meatsack Member

Thanks for your help. Heres the deal. I downloaded the trial version of DVDFab 2.5 but I am not sure how to work the program. Could you please give me step by step instructions of what I need to do after I open the program. Sorry for the trouble but Im kinda new to the whole DVD burning process. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  4. jables

jables Member

You'll need to extract the files from the .img using UltraIso or Isobuster or else load the .img in Daemon Tools (virtual cd/dvd drive - look it up). In DVDFab just use the Wizard,Choose Disk Folder(that's where you extracted the files),then Next,Copy Disk Fully,then Next and Go. Decide if you want to write the dvd copy to your hard drive or to a dvd directly. Not too difficult.

5. meatsack

meatsack Member

I followed your instructions but it still did not work. I am beginning to think it is just my DVD player which is the problem. If you think of any other possibilities let me know. Thanks for the help anyway.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i think it's down to your overly large signature piccy of Uma. You not thought of maybe shrinking the piccy a bit ?

:)

7. meatsack

meatsack Member

Im not sure how to shrink down my sig pic. But the good news is that I downloaded a different copy of Sideways that works perfectly fine. Scream's original release had a few bugs but now Proper has released a DVD screener copy which has been fixed. It can be downloaded at pisexy.org and probably several other places. Thanks for the help!!