1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn the mgs3 demo?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nekomex, Oct 5, 2004.

1. nekomex

nekomex Member

hi i downloaded the demo because the magazine that has the demo is not in mexico and i dont know when it will arrive , but i dont really know ho to burn the game , i thouth it was in an .iso file but when i open the folder it appears like this :

mgs3_trial.001

and like that 9 more of those just changing the number for 002 , 003 , how do i burn that with nero?

2. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

you have to use Winrar and have it open the 01 file. when you open that file with winrar you can extract the iso

i am having some trouble with this as well but a different problem. i have a PAL unmodded PS2 with V3 of Swap Magic CD and V2 of Swap Magic DVD.

i used imagepatcher and didn't have the option to patch the iso so i burnt it to CD and it didn't work. i also burnt it to dvd and all swap magic dvd did was boot to a back screen and then i used an ntsc to pal converter and that also didn't work. i would appreciate any help with this.

Evo_D

3. nekomex

nekomex Member

thanks for the replay , i did that yesterday and i burned it okay , i dont know how tu help you , i can tell you that i burned the demo with nero at low speed and it didnt work , but i did the same thing with dvd decrypter at low speed and it worked , maybe is the burner so try the dvd decrypter maybe it helps. if you are trying to burn this demo? if yes its a dvd rom , i burned on a dvd.

4. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

dvd decryptor at low speeds didn't work

it could just be an incompatibility with the slide card

5. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

Hey guys.
    Could you tell me where can I download 'MGS3 demo'
    I mean the .iso file some thing like that
    or the same thing that you downloaded nekomex.

6. nekomex

nekomex Member

sorry Evo_D i dont know how to help you , yes maybe is due to the different styles of chips and slide cards , i have a mod chip so i dont know if it works with the slide card.

7. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

where can i download Metal gear solid 3 demo
    Could you tell me guys.
    like the same place that you downloaded nekomex
    thanks .

8. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

try supernova.org if you want the demo.

the torrent you want is called [REMOVED]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  9. InDeutsch

InDeutsch Member

suprnova.org

10. InDeutsch

InDeutsch Member

I tried to get it but my torrent client says like:

"rejected by tracker - torrent not registered with this tracker"

WTF's wrong? What's that supposed to mean?

11. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

hey guys
    I got the demo but i have the problem that nekomex had
    tell me exactly what to do, a big describsion for how to get the .iso file
    thanks

12. fantasyd

fantasyd Member

HI, I burned the game with DVD Decrypter at the max speed with a dvd rewriteable disc and put it in my PS2 and it works but the problem is I can't play the game. My PS2 was able to log into the demo disc menu but when I actually tried to play the games that are on the demo thats when it does not work. My PS2 keep telling me to put a PS2 format in because it could'nt load the game. How can I fix it? PLease help me.

13. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

has anyone tried using cdvdgen and iso builder to make this work?

14. nekomex

nekomex Member

the only game you can play in the demo its the metal gear 3 one , if you select to play another one it will give you the screen of the memory card and other disc , try just selecting the metal gear demo , if you cant try to burn it at the lower speed .

when you have the 9 files , download the winace program and then extract those 9 files at the same time with winace then you should get the .iso file

other thing the problem with the link that Evo_D gave is that you need to suscribe to a wenpage , but they are not letting more people to sucribe right now so you cant download it .
    i download the demo from this place http://tracker.mwvip.com/details.php?id=91, you have to suscribe also but you shouldnt have problems .

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  15. mgs32

mgs32 Member

Newbie….ok I am going to tell you how to make the demo work because I had the same problem before with the stupid Red screen saying “please insert a PS2 disk”.

• first you need to get the Rip version not the whole DVD from www.suprnova.org

Please note they have the DVD verion and the CD version, GET THE CD VESION!!
    • Now you need to burn the ISO image on a DVD once and Also another copy on a DVD ( I know it sounds crazy but I am not kidding it works what I am going to tell you).
    • Now run the DVD version, select metal gear demo and STOP WHEN YOU SEE THE CONTORLS WINDOW.
    • Take the DVD out and put the CD in
    • After you put the CD in waite for a littlie bit until you hear the CD running inside the PS2 (the game won’t work with the CD just fallow what I am doing here).
    • Now after you hear the CD noise in the ps2 take out and put the DVD version back and it will work.

16. samuryx

samuryx Member

Hey fellas, i've spent a few hours today doing my research on this subjectand I have one litle problem so any help is you guys can give is appreciated. I have the 9 files, but when i try to "extract them all at the same time with WinAce", I get the following message:

"The Zip file is damaged or incomplete. If it is part of a multivolume archive, select Cancel and insert the first volume of this set to re-read the archive. If you suspect the archive to be damaged press OK to read at least the accessesible contents of the archive."

Can soemone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks fellas!

17. mgs32

mgs32 Member

18. samuryx

samuryx Member

Thanks Mgs32, but I figured it out. Apparently, I was .07 megs away from downloading the full set. Duh! I guess i somehow cancelled the torrent download right before it was 100% complete so when I to exctraxt, I actually only had 99.9% of the full set. Again, thanks anyways. Now I'm going to try to get it to run.

19. dibbellas

dibbellas Member

I, i have a trick for load OPM demo with MGS3 demo on ps2 with Slide card.

Insert Swap magic CD version v 3
    at the main menu' (when prompt "load game" )
    push eject button , now a message tell you to insert a
    New TOC disc.
    Insert a disc with a large TOC (i have user MGS2 and it work ) or vice city , then whait when the TOC registration process end and the software return to Main window (load game) . now use slidecard and insert the OPM MGS3 DEMO DVD and push Square.

The demo start's and you can play at this magnific game!
    :)

20. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

dibbellas you are simply amazing.

i did that and it worked! i owe you one