1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. dennis2

dennis2 Guest

im just making a backup from another xbox backup game. if i just chose copy the entire disc in nero 6 would this do the trick?

2. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

use internet explorer. just get evox and goto explorer. chance pc ip to 192.168.0.2 and xbox to 192.168.0.3. open IE and type in ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.3. xbox:xbox is username:password and of course after is the ip. there are several drives and one of them contains that xbox game!(make sure you got that game you want to backup, copy, whatever in the xbox drive)to be honest i only tried once cuz it took so long to upload DONT BE COPYING AND UPLOADING/DOWNLOADING *.xbe FILES YOULL GET CAUGHT
    if I did or sayed something wrong dont get mad im not that good with xbox

3. jrbe

jrbe Guest

question the only thing that can read an x-box disc is the x-box drive i was wondering would it be possible to take the x-box cd rom from the x-box and put it in your computer and copy x-box games that way

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

jrbe that is not possible.

5. jrbe

jrbe Guest

is it the bios itself thats reads the disk

6. bakwoi

bakwoi Guest

Ive been trying to make a backup of my games but cant seem to get it down
    I followed steps from a guide i got somewhere and right now I am stuck with a bunch of rar files, an sfv, and par2 files. All of the rar files have what seems to be the same 4 gig iso inside. Does anybody know what i gotta do now???

7. debs182

debs182 Member

When you've unpacked the rar file (you only need to unpack the first one) just right click on the iso file and open with nero and burn.

8. winklet

winklet Member

can anyone tell me step by step how to backup xbox games with an x-chip mod chip and nero 5. what other hardware and software will i need?

9. robster21

robster21 Member

10. patooki

patooki Member

i have downloaded fifa 2005 and trying to burn it for ps2 using nero i tell u wht i do.
    1)extracted file and got bin and .cue files.
    2) opened nero express and click on dvd and burn disc
    3)chose a .cue file and then click on burn.
    after all dat i get an error dat use cd-r.cd-rw disc.
    while im using dvd-r for it and using dvd writter
    i dont understand why am i having dis probelm.
    anyone help plzzz

11. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Cue/Bin files are CD-based games. When you open NERO, use NERO EXPRESS and do burn image, insert a blank CD, then select the Cue and burn.

12. ianupe123

ianupe123 Member

can a unmodded xbox play a backup copy of a game?

13. patooki

patooki Member

would cd-r work for ps2. coz i think only dvd can be played in ps2 chipped game.

14. dochifi

dochifi Member

Looking for a quick tip. I've been using FlashFXP, Qwix and Nero for awhile to backup copies of my xbox games to DVD. I've just been storing the ISO files on the DVDS thinking that I'd reload them to my xbox via my PC if and when I wanted to. Now I'm thinking I'd rather create bootable game discs so I can just use DVD2Xbox to put them back on the xbox HD. Can someone tell me what the trick is to make a BOOTABLE game disc using the aforementioned tools, or others if necessary? Thanks.

15. VENE

VENE Guest

I would like to know how can I make a backup of my PS2 games using NERO, I have NERO express this came with my DVD burn drive.

16. dennyb

dennyb Guest

DO all x box conxoles need a mod chip to play burnt games or just the old ones

First post
    thx guys

17. clarky

clarky Regular member

That is the way you make bootable backups for your xbox. If you burn a true xiso to disk as an image, your pc will not read it. It will see how much data is on the disk, but you cannot extract the raw information from it.

So if you are backing up your games to dvd with the SOLE purpose of putting them on your xbox hd later via your PC, your going the wrong way about it.

The way you are burning now is what the xbox will read, and will allow you to use dvd2xbox to store it on your xbox hdd without ftping.

If you want to backup your games so you can do both (slow loading times will result though) you can burn the raw data onto a disk. Just have the juliet settings right and you should be ok.

18. clarky

clarky Regular member

Making your breakfast is harder than burning a ps2 game.

Get dvd decrypter (from afterdawn) put ps2 game in your drive.

Click mode, move down to iso and select read.
    Now choose a destination for the iso to be saved.

When complete click mode, iso write.
    Put a blank disk in the drive
    choose the location of the file you just saved.
    You will see an iso file and a mds file.
    Choose the 30kb or so mds file and choose your burner (dont worry this will burn the iso for you).
    click the start button (pic of data to disk) and your done.

All xbox's require some form of modding to play a game with unassigned code (ie a backup). This may be in the form of a Modchip or a softmod (software mod).

19. Red_Beard

Red_Beard Member

STOP!
    Read carefully please, all of the correct information has been posted and nobody is paying attention.

XBox discs are not standard DVD discs. The drives in the Xbox are custom made with a special firmware that enables them to read the entire disc. The drive in your PC cannot do this. No program is currently able to read the disc. The reason as I understand it is that certain tracks on the XBOX disc are written in reverse.

You CAN burn xiso images created by using ftp or flashfxp from the Xbox to the PC. Then a backup can be made.

Unless you have somehow modified your PHYSICAL DVD reader, it is unable to read the data from the drive. It may be possible in the future, to put DVD readers from original XBox's in PCs, and make them work. I have not heard of this being done yet. Good luck

RB

20. dochifi

dochifi Member

Ok, sorry for being a bit thick, but if I'm already doing it the correct way then I'm wondering why the xbox won't boot the disc? I have Avalaunch dash and when I insert the DVD it recognizes it in the drive, says booting, then I get the error message that the xbox doesnt recognize the disc.

Here are the steps I take to burn (these steps may be useful for anyone who wishes to store games in this manner)
    1. FlashFXP to xbox, located game in appropriate folder on xbox, in my case F:Games
    2. Drag game folder to cache
    3. Still in FlashFXP, switch to local browser, target the Hard Drive on my PC, then transfer the game to a folder I called 'Stored Games'
    4. Open Qwix, select Create ISO, Source= Local Folder (Stored Games), open the game
    5. Click Create Iso and let Qwix do the deed.
    6. Open Nero StartSmart, select DVD, select Burn Image to Disc. Nero Express 6 runs.
    7. Now it asks what I want to burn. My choices are Data Disc, Bootable Data Disc, Music, DVD-Video files,Copy Entire Disc, Disc image or Save Project
    8. I select Data Disc
    9. Now I open the Stored Games folder and Add the game Iso I want to burn
    10. Then I select Burn and let Nero do its job.
    11. The finished DVD can be viewed in my CD drive on my PC. I can see the ISO game file(s). Then I can run Qwix again and select Extract Iso, select the CD Drive and extract the game ISO back onto my PC HD where I can then FlashFXP back to Xbox. Have done this several times with no problem.

So based on what you see, what is the step I am doing wrong to make the disc xbox bootable instead?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004