1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. clarky

clarky Regular member

The step you need to change to make your xbox recognise the disk is...........

There is your problem.

Disk image is the choice. Or if you still have trouble and have a standard nero -

Open nero, close the wizard, click open (top left) choose all image files (drop down box at the bottom right) choose your iso, dont change any other settings and burn.

You may also look into patching your .xbe files when your in qwix in case your bios is not self patching. Tools - patch, now choose all the files that end in .xbe and patch them.

Then create your iso and keep going.

Hope this helps.

2. shawnf

shawnf Member

Ok,Please help me.I have read through almost all these post & still cant seem to figure 1 thing out.
    Ok,im gonna go into detail.
    -I have a Yamaha CRW2100E
    -I put the PS2 game in the drive
    I dont understand how to make the Image to burn
    I have Alcohol 120%
    Is there a program that will create the image I need to burn the game?
    Please help me,& try to be detailed,THANKS

3. dochifi

dochifi Member

Thanks, Clarky. That worked. For anyone else looking for details, hope this helps. This is how to burn bootable xbox games using your PC (obviously) and FlashFXP, Qwix and Nero

1. FlashFXP to xbox, locate game you want to burn in appropriate folder on xbox, usually F:Games
    2. Drag game folder to cache
    3. Still in FlashFXP, switch to local browser, target the Hard Drive on your PC, then transfer the game to your desktop or some other folder you create
    4. Open Qwix, select Create ISO, Source= Local Folder (browse to Desk top or other folder you created), open the game
    5. Click Create ISO and let Qwix do the deed.
    6. Open Nero, close the wizard, click open (top left) choose all image files (drop down box at the bottom right) choose your ISO, dont change any other settings and burn.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  4. Pizza8er

Pizza8er Member

Hi everyone! OK, I have 2 problems here (this has probably been asked before, sorry ^^').

#1: I downloaded an xbox ISO game file (soul calibur 2) tried to simply burn the image to DVD (both DVD-R and DVDRW) but it didn't work on my xecutor-all modded xbox. I used both Nero 6 and alcohol 120%. Any idea why it didn't work?

#2 I downloaded Fable but it came as a series of .xbox winrar and other files. How do I put these together to burn them on DVD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

w la pizza!

J

5. twisterz

twisterz Guest

Does anyone think that it is REALLY worth it to get a mod chip to burn games?

6. gamere

gamere Guest

do u need a mod chip for your ps2 to play buned games? first message dont really know anything. what does anybody think the easyest program or way to burn games?

7. gamere

gamere Guest

when you guys are talking about using nero is it the paid program or can i do it whith the one i downloaded?

8. caset

caset Member

First off, to play ANY backups for ps2/xbox you either need some sort of hardware mod (mod-chip), or some sort of software mod.

Secondly, any GOOD burning program should be able to copy the psx/ps2 disks.

2a. Xbox games CANNOT be copied by PC alone, I don't know how to stress this enough, anyone else saying otherwise is full of themselves.

In order to copy an Xbox game the following steps need to be followed.

1. READ TUTORIALS. A good source of such is xbox-scene.com, read them, then read them again.
    2. REPEAT STEP 1.
    3. mod(soft/hard) you xbox
    4. Get a new dashboard (avalaunch/evolutionX)
    5. ftp into your xbox via your LAN (ip can be set static in you dashboard settings, and default username/password is xbox:xbox)
    6. copy the files in the D drive (default dvd-rom drive for the xbox) onto your computer
    7. PATCH your XBE files for the game.(Craxtion, Qwix or ADR Patcher can do this)
    8. Create an xISO image (ie. GDFimage, or a replacement ie. GNU GDFimage)
    9. Burn it to DVD.

Any questions refer to XBOX-SCENE.COM FOR TUTORIALS.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  9. Mick61

Mick61 Member

I have tried 120% alcohol as mentioned for backing up xbox by copying to hard drive then to disc and did not work. Is there any settings that must be changed in alcohol 120%.

10. DRampage

DRampage Member

yo I've got a question.... it could sound very stupid (it does to me): wat kind of cable do I've to use to link my XBox and PC together???¿¿¿

and that was ownly the first one :p
    I had downloaded a game and I wanted to burn it to a dvd+r , I used craxtion but wen I did my gamedisc in my XBox it opend up a widow with a background of craxtion... there was one programm called media x menu (at the craxtion sceen om my xbox) wat I did on my PC (to create the gamedisc) was first create a media x menu.... then I created (with the media x menu ISO) a multi game disc..... that ISO I burnt on a disc and that was the disc that didn't work.....
    well I thought I've forgot to create some kind of link to the default.xbe file..... or I could have downloaded a "fake" game....
    could someone help me out with this.... because it took me a long time to typ this peace of shit :p
    ow by the way.... this was one of the first ideas from clarky (to do it with craxtion) so maybe you can help me out....
    thnx

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"yo I've got a question.... it could sound very stupid (it does to me): wat kind of cable do I've to use to link my XBox and PC together???¿¿¿"

Crossover Cables.

"and that was ownly the first one :p
    I had downloaded a game and I wanted to burn it to a dvd+r , I used craxtion but wen I did my gamedisc in my XBox it opend up a widow with a background of craxtion... there was one programm called media x menu (at the craxtion sceen om my xbox) wat I did on my PC (to create the gamedisc) was first create a media x menu.... then I created (with the media x menu ISO) a multi game disc..... that ISO I burnt on a disc and that was the disc that didn't work.....
    well I thought I've forgot to create some kind of link to the default.xbe file..... or I could have downloaded a "fake" game....
    could someone help me out with this.... because it took me a long time to typ this peace of shit :p
    ow by the way.... this was one of the first ideas from clarky (to do it with craxtion) so maybe you can help me out....
    thnx"

First of all, WTF are you talking about? Second, WTF did you do? There is no way that you burned a iso with craxton, and then a craxton menu screen appeared on your xbox. The only way I could see that happen if you burned some CRAXTON files and did that, but if you just burned the iso, then i don't see how that could've happened.

Seriously, that is the most ****ed up bull**** I've read.

12. tron1268

tron1268 Guest

Ok, i dont even have an xbox yet but i do understand the idea behind the ftp stuff. Does anyone have the pinout of an xbox cd drive? being that the xbox is pc based i find it hard to believe someone couldnt rewire an interface cable and hook that drive up to a pc. Im assumeing the cd's are an ide interface. Just my two cents. Thanks

13. DRampage

DRampage Member

no I didn't burt it with craxtion..... I made an ISO with craxtion and burt it with nero as an image file..... clarky told me in one of his first messages..... so don't be pissed off at me because I was only following instructions.....

so: I created the ISO files with craxtion and then I burt it with nero as an image file.....
    you get it now??¿¿

14. killshot

killshot Member

Has anybody had any success using an xbox emulator for the pc? I tried one but it would just kick me out of the game after a couple of seconds. I don't know maybe it was just a bad xbe file or somthing.

15. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Ok I have a question. I am interested in buying an xbox. I was wondering about two things. Can you rip a xbox game to your hard drive using dvd decrypter and then transfer it to an internal hard drive on your xbox? Do you have ot make any conversions or anything or can you just send it to the drive? And also if I have a image file (iso, bin, cue, etc.) do I transfer this straight to my internal hard drive? What do i need to do to play it on my modded xbox with a hd? All help is very much appreciated.

16. diseous

diseous Member

After all of this reading and raking your brains on how many freakin things you have to do, let alone paying for dsl and DVD+R's, Go to your local video store and just rent the freakin game! I understand all about wanting to get something for nothing but I think that this is taking it a little too far. DONT GET ME WRONG!!!! I am still going to mod my XBOX and figure this whole thing out if it is the last thing I do!!!!!

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah but it takes about $50 to softmod,and $4 for a pack of DVD-R. I DO rent games, but only to "backup my investment";)

18. diseous

diseous Member

Well I'm not lucky enough to own a DVD burner - but soon enough :)

19. IvoodooI

IvoodooI Guest

back in sept ithink uniique1 said they knew a step by step to nero ps2 setup if so can i get some help?

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

For one, it would help to use the PS2 backup forums.

Secondly, you can use any DVD copying program to
    copy ps2 games. Only thing needed is a modchip to play them.

I would suggest DVD Decrypter instead of Nero.