1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. mynus

mynus Guest

ok im back
    first,i do have a mod chip, second i don't have an x box, i have ps2
    i have tryed dvd decryptor, nero, acohol 120, if i did it wrong put the directions.

2. dielawn

dielawn Member

mynus, please go to the tutorials at www.xbox-scene.com, you obviously know nothing about xbox modding.

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

You guys are killing me. If you read the whole thread, you will get what you need out of it.

XBOX:

Gotta have a modchip for Xbox backups. (I like Xenium Ice - easy to use... plenty of room for plenty of bios files... has a HDD unlocker and formatter, and the iceguide is very easy to follow.

Gotta have a bios loaded to run an install disc like Firefuckers or Slayers.

Gotta have a Dashboard to run any apps, emulators, etc...

That being said... Use a X-0ver cable to connect from the PC to your Xbox. Configure your Ethernet adapter with an IP and a subnet. Configure your Xbox with an IP and that same subnet. The Gateway is the IP of your PC. Open Internet Explorer (Firefox no workie) and type "ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". The default username:password is xbox:xbox and the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of the Xbox.

Now, you can browse anything in the HDD or the Disc in the drive! Just like picking through your own folders. Drag the files from the game into a folder somewhere on your PC and then use Craxtion to create an Xbox image that contains these files. Burn the image with Nero or Alcohol 120% and viola. (In Nero Express, open and existing project and then select the iso that you just built. Burn it slow, if your system resources are not up to par).

I don't even bother. My new HDD is big enough to handle a buttload of games and apps. I use DVD2Xbox to extract the backups straight to the HDD. If I wanna archive them and get them off of the HDD, I just use the same backup method, only I get the files from the HDD instead of the D:drive. Dig?

PS2:

Gotta have SOME type of modification made to the box. If you don't have a modchip and bios and all of that jazz, you can do what I do.

You can use a physical mod coupled with software... ie. Cogswaploader + SwapMagic.

I have a chip that lets me eject without the system knowing it ejected. It thinks it just screwed up for a second. I still have to use SwapMagic and all of that. I made myself an install disc for Keylauncher and I use HDadvance to load games on my HD. Some games play with certain modes applied and some don't. If they don't, I just stuff the original in my PC and use DVDDecrypter to make the iso AND burn the ISO. (Gotta use SwapMagic to play the discs, tho).

A good place for PS2 questions is www.PS2OWNZ.com These guys RULE!!!

Next project for me will be figuring out the whole "add a second and third HDD to your Xbox" deal. After I get mo money, of course. ;) nooche

4. koolmruz

koolmruz Member

hey mm... im a total newbie. but i downloaded a xbox game and i want to run that game in my xbox, how do i do that. (and the game is in .iso format)
    please tell me all the things that i need.
    thx

5. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

1. You need a mod chip
    2. You need a new dash on ur xbox
    3. You need to flash your mod chip
    4. You burn the iso using dvd-decrypter or nero

6. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Sooooo if it is already an iso (XBOX ISO!!!), then you can just burn that dude to a DVD and go. You can use the same method that is described in the thread. SHOOT! The hard part is done for you.

You didn't have to load the disc and then grab all the files via a x-over cable and rebuild them into an Xbox ISO. Just burn the image. I like Nero.

7. koolmruz

koolmruz Member

thx i got it!!!
    i really did!!

8. DRampage

DRampage Member

Damn, it's pretty damn simple if you just read the good totorail on www.xbox-scene.com
    it worked for me, and I only had 1 game that didn't fit on a disc (because I didn't had double layer yet)

SO just follow the instructions or just listen to me:p

step 1:connect your XBox to your PC/Router with a ethernetcable or something (I mean the same cable you use to connect your PC to the Router)

step 2: get "Flash FXP" and enter the right IP... leave its port!! be sure that downloading and uploading is NOT PASSIVE!!!

step 3: turn on your modded XBox and open the drive so it doesn't start up any game... you will now get the Avalaunch dashboad or whatever it's called. close your drive and don't start up a game.

step 4: let Flash FXP connect to your XBox (if it not works than you should change the optoins (because that also went wrong on my first time)

step 5: if it's connected you will see a couple of drives, the D drive is your disc drive or tray or whatever you want to call it. double click on the D drive an the files should appear, it can be over a 100 files or just 10 files with maps. on the left side you will see your PC stuff, create a new map in it and drag all the files from the D drive to your new map, this takes a wile... (you can't play any games on your XBox or else the programm will quit downloading the files..

step 6: get Craxtion (get the newest one, by the way, you can do the same as Flash FXP in Craxtion4, you can use that when your time trail is over)
    click on "create an ISO", select the folder where your game is in and Craxtion will first patch the XBE files, and then you can create your XDVD ISO or something.

step 7: when Craxtion is finished you can close it...
    now for the burning part. I use RecordNow DX, I haven't tryd it with Nero or Alchohol yet. it's pretty easy, just select your ISO file and change the optoins to closed disc, and use the lowest speed (because it will prevent errors.... YOU CAN'T BURN ANY DVD-RW DISCS WITH THIS PROGRAM, DON'T ASK ME WHY!!). after it's done you'll have your copied disc!! :D

I know there are other ways and you could try them, but for me this always works and if games are too big, you can put them on a Double-Layer disc, but they're expensive.....

(i'm not English or American so it could sound stupid sometimes)

Greetz, DRampage also called D-RaZeR (not on afterdawn)

9. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

omg, can people PLEASE stop asking how to burn xbox games with software and READ the forum!!
    jeeez its getting ridiculous!

10. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

Is there any specifi dvd that u haveto use to burn on?
    (DVD+R, DVD-R...)Ive been using DVD+R and it hasnt worked yet.

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Nope. If you can't use DVD+R, then try DVD-R.

12. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

DVD-R works the best with games but it depends on waht the drive will read.

13. mjm11mick

mjm11mick Member

hey boys i need some help on how using neros to burn ps2 games cause i have already downloaded some games but i dont know how to burn them?

14. Jakass606

Jakass606 Member

im highly interested in this soft modding what other information can u give me?, i have been thoughout the web weeks but i cant seem to get a simple straight forward solution. my xbox is only 5 months old which means its still got warranty on it so i dont want to get a mod chip to put in it yet but i am willing to try this soft modding (anything without linux involved) any usful information that is well explained in as much detail as possible would be muchly appreciated thanks

15. Darco

Darco Member

Can anyone help me to burn xbox games with Nero 6.6.0.6? Have just
    installed it, and I am unable to check the box for finalize DVD.
    So I would appreciate it if any one could give me a "dummies" way to do it.
    Tried to follow this: http://www.teamxecuter.com/qwixnero.htm but....

16. ifrit2121

ifrit2121 Guest

i cant even get that fair i only got cd burner so can i still burn my ps2 games and ifso what programs should iuse cause i tried Alchohol 120 amd i cant get anywhere whith that

17. some_awol

some_awol Guest

guys cant do the disk
    never recognizes the disk memorex 700 mb cd-rw
    change the evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe
    erase the cd-rw full erase and made the cd in 2x speed
    doesnt work!! unless i rewrote the evox.ini wrong
    please help

[Network]

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = No
    Ip = 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = 192.168.0.1
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0

[FTP]

Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox
    IGR = Yes

18. dude845

dude845 Regular member

i'm not sure if this fits in with the thread question but can i burn pc games using alchole 120% or nero? ihave the iso image on my pc already,is it possible?

19. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

yes it is possible and you can do it with both the programs. If you need help just pm me.

20. dude845

dude845 Regular member

Whats pm mean