1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i change my ethernet ip ardress???

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by stephen02, Jun 17, 2007.

1. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

my pc has a belkin wireless card and i setup my xbox 360 so i can get xbox live without buyning the 360 wireless adapter so i wired it up and all was fine until it said ip ardress failed, so i did what i usually do and went to command prompt and typed ipconfig/renew which usually fixes it and it didnt work, i unplugged the cable and tried disable and enable and i cant connect to xbox live because it fails at the ip ardress is there any way to fix this, any other way to change my ip ardress. thanks

2. Kuze

Kuze Member

So your xbox is connected through your pc's wireless card? or is the wireless card only for the 360? And it's your pc that cant get an ip adress? or the xbox that can't get it?

Personnally, I think that you should buy a 360 wreless adapter or connect it though ethernet to your router or your pc's ethernet port.

3. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

i have a desktop with a belkin wireless card and i put my 360 in the ethernet port and changed the settings on my wireless to allow shared connection so i can get xbox live and it was working until the ip ardress changed( dont know why) all i need to know is how to change my la ip ardress,