1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i convert PAL ps2 games to NTSC ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Starrift, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Starrift

Starrift Regular member

As the tittle says, i went to Portugal and saw True Crime: Streets of LA in one of the malls there. I bought it and took it back home to Canada but low and behold, it turns out that the PAL and NTSC frame rates apply to PS2 games as well so i was unable to play it on my PS2. I tried running it on my PS3 hoping for a miracle but it said that it was the wrong reigon code as well... so the big question, how can i convert a PS2 game from PAL to NTSC and from an unknown region to region 1.

all help is very apreciated ^.^

2. steimy

steimy Active member

unless your system is modded and you can play back up discs then you can't as far as i know.
    Because you would have to make a copy of the original and use a program that converts PAL to NTSC, then burn it to a blank DVD

I am not sure but it may also be possible to use Swap Magic, but you also need to mod your system to use that.

Option 3, get a good mod chip installed and then your system will pretty much play any game from any region. Backup copy or original.

3. Starrift

Starrift Regular member

ok im willing to go with the burning option, what is this "swap magic" u speak of? and where do i get it?

4. eyek

eyek Guest

This is SwapMagic

http://www.consoleplus.com/support/supp_slidecard.htm

google SwapMagic 3.6 with slidecard.. Probably wanna get the small mod that clips onto ur PS2 DVD just to make things easier for you.

Good luck on finding it, I have a site for the UK.. but ur in Canada, so I doubt that would really help you much. Heh,

Kind regards,