1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i convince the missus

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Daniel408, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Daniel408

Daniel408 Member

Hey people, i'll be very supprised if anyone answers this with halo 3 out today but i need help. as this is the big day i need advice on how i should go about convicing the missus into letting me have a 360. all suggestions will be tried unless it means getting her something as well, ot happening. or should i just buy one and try and disguise it as.... i don't know.... a plant or something. HELP ME, I NEED HALO.
    cheers
    dan.

p.s. i don't want to here how good halo actually is.

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

I find buying my gf something nice at the same time gets you what you want.

They feel left out otherwise. It may cost you extra to get her something good as well but its worth it in the long run

3. batespcm

batespcm Guest

grow some balls and just say look im getting it

hehe

okay you may not get any sex for a while but who needs that when you have a new 360

or it may work out in your favour she may like dominance and you will get more

if all that fails

buy here something

or try rhypnoll (sp) and then while she is out go buy it and then say you said i could get one

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Pick up a second controller for her... H3 has co-op.

5. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Your married to her? If so you can always go old testamant and show her some scrips saying all that stuff about being the man of the house.

6. batespcm

batespcm Guest

hahaha @ H3 co-op

7. schweet

schweet Guest

You could say you got it really cheap second-hand I suppose, or say you know someone who got it off the back of a truck and you got a really good price.

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

grow some hair on that chest son, tell her how your a man and a man has needs, tell her your buying it dont ask, look her straight in the eye and tell her you are buying a 360 and halo 3 no matter what she said, dont take no for a answer, remember your the MAN in this relationship. but if she does say no then it wont hurt to beg and plead, clean the house, wash the dishes,rub her back, fix her dinner,was her car, JUST WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO!!!

damn, im glad im divorced.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

well do you have joint accounts where she would know how much you spent? If not then say you go a great deal on Ebay or something. If you do then i would say your only choice is compromise. Discuss it with her and tell here she can get a gift for herself of equal or lesser value. There may be something she has been really wanting but afraid to buy just like you.

Option 3 is all of the above comments. Just tell your your buying one because you want it and that's that. Although i have seen some marriages strained due due game systems and the amount of time husbands spend playing on them. But hey, you need to be happy right?

Ok marriage counseling is over for now. Good luck man. From the sound of it your gonna need it.

10. addflash

addflash Member

well if your birthday is near then you can give money to one of ur close friend and tell him to go buy xbox360 for you,then wrap it in gift paper then give it to you.So in this instance ur wife would be happy and as you are,but it all depends on your birthday ;-)

11. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

You need to slowly let her get use to the idea. Me personally I tell my girl(whom i've lived with for nearly 5 years which is actually marriage without a ring) that she doesn't help me to make my money, so she shouldn't be concerned with the way i spend it, as long as we ensure that rents being payed, food and bills are secured. But thats just me. What you could do is butter her up with the idea. Tell her that a friend of yours has a buddy that is able to get an xbox 360 at half price because he has an overstock hookup at a store(the warehouse of some store like Costco, walmart, Bestbuy etc.) Tell her its a once in a lifetime opportunity. That way she won't feel like you are spending so much money. However, Just so she feels better, buy her her favorite perfume or some gift etc. And if that fails, grab your nuts, realize you're a man and realize that life is short, full of stress and xbox 360 is a good way to escape from life's daily problems. The stress you'll release playing xbox360 is stress you might otherwise release in an unnecessary argument with your wife. Then go buy your 60. She may be mad for a bit but she'll get over it. Good Luck budd.

12. Kblake

Kblake Member

My best tool for getting whatever I want would be my tongue. If you know how to use that RIGHT, you should be fine getting a 360 and playing it 5 hours a day!

On a serious note, you just have to plan for stuff like this. You knew the release date of Halo 3 3-6 months ago. You should have took her out and did things with her before it comes out always making sure you mentioned something about Sept. 25th, then when it comes out.. she already knows and cant get mad. Thats the situation im in now with GTA 4 and that doesnt come out till 08.

13. Xceleron

Xceleron Member

Me I just got my 360 like 3 mos. ago after me initally not wanting one. When I finally was convinced to get on I told the wife I was getting a deal on it (co-worker as selling me a pro for $150 and one game including controller, headset, and whatever else comes with the pro so he could buy a PS3). She initially said no, and after asking her she still said no. So I moved money around enough so when the time came I could buy it, and I did she still was telling me no and I did it anyways. Now I gets no sex, and have been making up for it ever since but I am begining to not care bout that anyways. I am begining to envy divorced people no worries

14. batespcm

batespcm Guest

i dont understand why you guys live with women like this

me and my mrs we have a deal

she likes homely things so i leave decor etc to her and she lets me have whatever gadgets i want

had a 360 and a wii since launch day

she plays 360 more than me now tho

damn feeding frenxy and jewel quest

15. allybhoy

allybhoy Member

Leave her! Telling you its worth it, especially seeing as though pro evo 2008 is out next month.

Or if you really like her and dont want to do the washing cooking etc yourself then buy one and buy her sing star karaoke or something. All the girls love that game.

If its the money thing she's worried about buy one and flash it and then you can download "backups" of games and it wont cost u a penny,of course this is illegal so you could end up going to jail and sharing a cell with a big fella called Dexter Saint Jock......

16. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

Poor you. These guys are having too much fun with your situation. Man just go buy your 360 and suffer the consequences. The way i see it if your wife loves you, she would want you to be happy. Might as well spend your money on a 360 than blow it in the club over a few nights partying. Would she rather you in a club spending you 500 bucks on strippers and beer or at home where she can keep an eye on you.

17. mcsewnab

mcsewnab Member

Bringing up the fact that I go to work everyday usually gets me what I want with few questions.

18. Daniel408

Daniel408 Member

Cheers for the advice everyone. i did it, i just bought an elite with Halo. OH MY GOD, how good is it. i'll be on live soon so if anyone sees me on there, say hi. cheers again

19. Daniel408

Daniel408 Member

Oh and thanks to batespcm, the rhypnoll idea worked loads. LOL

20. emachine

emachine Guest

This thread is golden.