1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i COPY a DVD SHRINKED COPY.?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cuteskin, Dec 6, 2004.

1. cuteskin

cuteskin Member

HI there,
    this is the first time on this site for me...
    It seems great for folks who dont know how ta do certain stuff.!
    Wot i need to know is..
    I have made a COPY of a DVD thru DVD SHRINK, but now, i would like to make another COPY of the COPY.? either thru DVD SHRINK or NERO 6.!
    is it possible.?
    I keep on getting ERROR READING DISK at about 70% done.!
    Regards,
    Cuteskin.

2. DGajre777

DGajre777 Member

I've tried doing this myself and DVD Shrink is not very friendly when it comes to analyzing/encoding a copy that it made. I kept getting a 'Cyclic Redundency error'. What I had to do is make a ISO Image file using Shrink and then save the ISO file. You can burn as many copies as you want with the ISO file using DVD Decrypter or Nero.

3. cuteskin

cuteskin Member

Oh right..
    Thanks for getting back to me...
    well ive tried that also... but to be honest, i havent got much hard drive space thoe. so i copy the film onto it, make a DVD SHRINK copy, then wipe the Files off.!
    but just wanted to know if there was a way of COPYING A DVD SHRINKED DVD, to a BLANK DVD.( once i have got rid of the files from my hard drive.!)
    regards, Cuteskin

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Once you have used Shrink to make your first copy there is no longer any encryption on it. Therefore any straight disc copy program can copy it. Some of the errors you are getting are usually caused by poor quality blank media. It doesn't pay to short change yourself when it comes to blank media. Stick with well known high quality media and most of your errors will usually go away. Good luck.

Jerry