1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I copy a movie plus all extras onto 2 disks?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by snorkel, Mar 12, 2005.

1. snorkel

snorkel Member

I have used dvd shrink sucessfully to back up several movies. I understand how to strip out the menues and extras, so the main movie has little or no compression. I also know how to back up an entire movie using the compession in dvd shrink.

I found a guide that shows me how to copy a movie (only the main movie) onto 2 disks with no compression. The problem is that guide walks me thru the re-author, which (as far as I can tell) makes the menue feature useless.

I want to be able to use the menues and also see all the extras.

So, please help me copy everything on this disk so that i can use all components of the disk without any compression.

Thanks in advance.

ps, the guide that i have is from bbmayo's website called: Guide to back up a dvd 1:1 copy (no compression) onto two dvd5's using dvd shrink.

2. snorkel

snorkel Member

Anyone out there?

I guess my subject line should have made clear "without compression."

Maybe that's why nobody is responding... either that, or else nobody knows how to do it.

3. Rewired

Rewired Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  4. snorkel

snorkel Member

Thanks for the effort, but that guide assumes that i will be splitting the main movie onto two disks and throwing a few extras on the second disk.

What I want to do is to have zero compression and have working menues and extras.

Some movies I can get all on 1 disk with zero compression, and others i can split using the methods above, but I still don't know how to save the menues.

I read something about burning the main movie on one disk and then on the second disk using still images for the movie part and the rest of the space for the menues and extras. How would that work?