1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I create a menu to choose either movie.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by agent-k, Oct 1, 2004.

1. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I want to put the first two Robocop movies onto one dvd-r.
    I have already used dvd shrink to rip both movies (movie only) on to the hard drive.
    I can put them both on one disc with shrink but I want a menu at the start of the disc so that I can pick which movie to watch.
    I'm guessing Nerovision express will do it but I just can't figure out how.
    If there's a better program for doing this, just let me know and I will acquire it.
    Cheers guys.

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Tmpegenc DVD Author will do this, a-k. load both files into it and you can make a custom start screen with jpegs of the movie covers, etc. If the output file is too big, compress it again, just ignore the error warnings it gives you.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Agent-k,
    I think you might be able to do it with NeroVision...Just make your compiled movie with two chapters- Chapter 1 for movie 1, chapter 2 for movie 2..

You might want to add a better background image than what NVE has, you can open up the Nero/Nerovision folder and find the MenuTemplates folder and put in your own .jpg picture. Fun stuff! You can also go into the buttons folder and add .png buttons. If you want a motion thumbnail in your button, try overlaying a new button frame over an exsisting Nero frame. Thats the only way I could get a motion thumbnail to "take". The green screens I made would not work.

Good Luck!
    Frank

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Hi Frank, long time no hear,
    I tried NVE but it done my head in. Too many options.
    I just want the choice of which film to pick.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I have yet to sit down with that scissors editor and get it figured out. I always end up cutting out the stuff I'm trying to save and keeping the crap. Ialways urge folks to get a couple of nice short clips to practice with and to get the program settings the way they want them. That way, instead of dealing with a multi-gig set of .vobs that takes hours to render, you have a clip that can process in just two or three minutes. I would take that clip put a couple of text effects, some transitions, make some chapters and add a few still photos and some graphics. Also some kind of audio track. Make the clip 3 or 4 minutes long and you have your own rock video. The last one I did is a clip from "Master and Commander". I used two or three of the action scenes with the big waves and cannons firing, various people getting killed, etc and added some Van Halen to it.

I make my clips by using Shrink's start-end feature and just cut out scenes I like from various movies I'm burning. You never can tell when you need to splice something in...

Bye,
    Frank