1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I cut 12 seconds off the closing credits?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Fat_Fred, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Fat_Fred

Fat_Fred Member

Hello everyone. I have a movie that is 16 MB to big to fit on a DVD+R. At the end of the credits there is about 12 seconds of a small animated logo of the production company that I would like to delete. Is this possible? I have already removed all extra audio tracks and subtitles. Thanks.

Fred

2. elrao

elrao Member

You can use a vob editor to truncate the length of the last VOB file by 16MB. Is worth using IFO Edit on it again afterwards, so the IFOs know the new length etc.

Some movies have the credits on a seperate chapter, so you can just split to two disks and set the split right near the end of the movie, then just don't burn the second dvd.

3. malum

malum Regular member

Or you can use DVDchopper

with this tool you can mark in and out points on a VOB file and save the reslut as a new VOB

I was messing around with it last night, it's very easy to use.

Likewsie you need to either edit the IFO's afterwards or create new ones so that they know the length of the movie.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/chopper.html

There's a different version for win 98 and xp/2000 make sure you get the right one

4. DvdBunny

DvdBunny Member

hi dude do not listen to the otheres if the fiel is MPEG then just use TMPGENC go to file then MPEG tool and click on the merge and cut tab and then import the mpeg file and then double click on the file and then moce the time line thing too the end that u want and click on the } button and click ok then run and your ready to go if the file is AVI use the wizered to turn it into a MPEG BYE BYE BYE BYE

------------------------------------------------

YES DVDBUNNY IS ONLY 13

5. elrao

elrao Member

DVD Bunny....it is one damned big MPEG file if he is trying to cut 12 seconds off to fit it on to a DVD+R. I am guessing that it is a DVD he is backing up, has ripped all the subs and foreign audio and is left with an annoying too large series of VOBS and IFOs.

Am i right?