1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I delete extra's, etc. ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hvsmcom, Oct 6, 2003.

1. hvsmcom

hvsmcom Member

You people ROCK!
    I burned my first two DVD's this weekend using DVD Shrink & Nero 6. Went smoothly as could be using all of your input. But, I'm not certain how I can keep from ripping the extra's, too? For example, I ripped my copy of Gang's of New York & noticed there are over 8 minutes of extra's that could have not be included in the rip. I'm sure you have an easy answer to avoid including these.

Thanks.

HVSMcom

2. RussReef

RussReef Guest

To get rid of all the extras (rather than just compressing them), you have to re-author the DVD.... Bear in mind that you'll lose all the menu features of the DVD when you reauthor, but if you're just interested in the main movie, this is the way to go:

Open a new frame in DVDshrink (press the reauthor toolbar button), copy and paste just the main movie into the new frame.

There you go... no extra's! Heheh! :)

If it's still too big for you, you can then use the stop-start toolbar button [top right of window, it looks like two arrows pointed at each other] to set stop and start points within the main movie... meaning you can cut out the ending credits... I mean who watches credits anyway?

I just did this with Gladiator (which is a pretty huge movie), and fit it all on one disk (compressed to only 70%), by cutting out all extras and the credits.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2003
  3. RussReef

RussReef Guest

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Spot on....RussReef.

If you do have any difficulties click on http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm and have a look at the guide.....

Hope this helps...

Further edit......RussReef you just beat me there with the guide....LOL_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  5. hvsmcom

hvsmcom Member

Again, thanks for all your input. You all help to make it a fun hobby rather than a frustrating experience!

HVSMcom

6. RussReef

RussReef Guest

LOL! No problem, and don't worry... You'll soon be frustrated enough when you realize that new x16 DVD burner on the market is putting your "old" one to shame... I know that's gonna happen to all of us, sooner than we all think! Hehe! :)

7. ally100

ally100 Member

If you are using DVD2One v.1.3 then on the drop down menu headed 'copy mode' set it to movie only and this will just concentrate on the movie itself and ignore the rest. Simple...

Ally.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003