1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I delete music off my sandisk sansa useing window media player 10

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by NINVIN21, Nov 29, 2005.

1. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

most files are there when I open it up but some dont show up I put them on there by mistake useing windows media 10.

This is from sandisk::

Deleting Music Files On Your Sansa MP3 Player

When your player is connected to your computer with the USB connector, you can use your computer file browser software to view all files on your player. Your player will appear as Sansa m230 or m240. Follow these steps:

1. Use the USB connector cable provided with your player to connect the USB port on the top of your player to an open USB port on your computer. The player will appear as a Windows Portable Device on your computer. (Can''t find the USB Port on your player? See The Basic Controls.)
    2. Delete your music files to the player with software tools like Rhapsody, Windows Media Player or Napster Client.
    3. To use the Windows Media Player, Rhapsody Client or Napster Client software to delete files to your player please refer to the Windows Media Player, Rhapsody Client or Napster Client help file.

NOTE: While you can store and organize your audio files on your player using folders with names you select, your player will ignore folders and names. Instead, your Sansa player will extract information from each audio file so that you can use the software menu to navigate your files by artist, album title, song title, and other useful criteria.
    Deleting Music Files from Your Player

Your SanDisk Sansa Player does not allow you to delete files from within the player. Instead we recommend that you follow the steps outlined in Deleting Music Files On Your Sansa MP3 Player above to remove files from your computer.

But the recorded files can be deleted at the player.

Thank you, sorry Im new to MP3 players
    and so far Im not likeing this one
    I allso have other songs on there that song play I read they might need a liecence or they are tagged wrong.
    What a pain my new toy has become.

2. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

MY mp3 player was acting up I got it working no need to reply to this thread thank you.