1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I disable EA/Origin setup prompt on startup?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by pjcarr, Jan 18, 2012.

1. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

My daughter has Sims 3 Deluxe installed on the family computer along with EA Download Manager. Now, every time I boot up the PC I get a prompt to install and setup Origin. I always just hit "cancel" but I would rather have it go away for good. How do I keep this window from popping up on startup?

Thanks!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

there should be an option somewhere that says run on start up.you gotta find the box that says run on start up and untick it.

3. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I think that option is available only if Origin is already installed because I couldn't find it anywhere.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in msconfig\startup. also check in add\remove programs in control panel.

5. xminus

xminus Member

Origin and EA download manager is a.k.a. registry wrecker. Has a habit of trashing the registry.
    1.rollback
    2.get some kind of registry cleaner (and use it)
    3.edit the registry yourself and remove all ea and origin entries (you will have to reinstall everything that is origin this way)

One of the above ways should fix you, info learned the hard way...lol

P.S. Do not ask EA for help unless you have massive amounts of time to waste.