1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i do this

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by newbmodd, May 29, 2007.

1. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

im very stupid when it comes to this but i have recently put my firmware to 1.5 then put it up to 3.04oe so i can put games like ratchet and clank size matters, and solcom 2 on to my psp. i downloaded my games with bit comet and when i open up psp iso compressor they dont show up it only searches for iso images so how come they are not showing up????

p.s. i talked to a friend of mine on what to do so far but he left for a week and im so lost on how to put the games on my psp.

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

ok, simple point really, the torrets that you downloaded, are they compressed? did you get one file tat is .iso or .cso? or does the folder contain a lot of files like .r05 .r06 .rar ?

if there are a lot of files, then that means that they are compressed and that you have to extract the image file out of them.

for rar files use a program called 7-zip or winrar.

3. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

okay well i got them strait off mini nova and if they are allready cso's they wont show up???? so i could put them into my psp? and where????

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Okay, read Oraseth's post, make sure they are not .rar. If the files are iso or cso, just place them in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick. If you don't see the folder, format your stick with the psp first.

5. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

ok call me stupid, idiot, retard because all those would be right but how do i format my memory stick????

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Lol, take it easy. I don't have my psp with me, so I don't know the exact path, but from your psp cross menu bar, go to Settings -> memory stick ->Format

7. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

well dont i feel stupid. thank you i got solcom 2 on my psp. but i had downloaded alot of games how do i know if they are a iso or a cso before i download them because the rest of mine dont work.

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

well, depending on where you got them, they may be either iso or cso. You might need winrar to extract them.

9. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

cso just means compressed iso ,you can convert isos to cso or cso to iso with iso compressor or umdgen

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/900

http://umdgen.ps3news.com/utilities.html

10. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

ok well i got some help with it and i got a few games but i am having trouble with this. >>>>> i downloaded a ratchet and clank and i got a rar. file i extracted it to the desktop using izark (sry if its misspelled) then i opened up psp iso compressor compressed the file, got a cso file then draged it into my iso folder on my psp. It shows up as ratchet and clank then when i try to start it it says could not be started 80.... (a few other numbers). what the heck did i do wrong

and is it better to get a download with less seeds or more??????/

11. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well some1 said tht R&C only work with a higher cpu speed.if it doesnt work, put a demo or game umd in the drive n disable all option in the configuration except 4 the hide corrupt icon(enable) n change the 1.50 kernel to 3.40 kernel.

then go to advanced/advance configuration n disable the 3 options there.

thts all i can think about right now.

hope tht helps...

12. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

this may sound stupid but where do i get the configuration? and this doesnt just happen with ratchet and clank it happen with pirates of the carribean, rocky balboa, and driver 76. the only ones that have worked for me are the ones that have already been compressed.

13. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

That's from the recovery menu. Hold R while turning on your psp.

14. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

when i go into recovery mode and press config it goes to a blue screen then it turns off after a while. there are no options

15. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

it happened to me before...while on 3.03oe-c. i tried reflashing n it works...but not on the same ver, i flash it to 3.40oe-a.

16. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

mine is 3.04-oe

17. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

you mean 3.40 OE-A, right?

18. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

yea sry

19. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

hello???