1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i downgrade from 3.03 oe-a to 3.02 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rehman200, Jan 13, 2007.

1. rehman200

rehman200 Regular member

well, i just found out i cant listen to music while in 3.03 oe-a, so i was wondering is there an EASY downgrader to 3.02 oe-a because i'm not so good at this stuff.

2. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

you tried installing 3.03 oe a agin that could sort you out,also its upto 3.03 oe-b,if that doesnt sort it out post back

3. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

You cant? I think you should be able to. Anyways, heres ONE way.
    NOTE: read all of this before hand.
    1. Plug you PSP into your computer and launch USB mode.

2. Go to x:\PSP\GAME\ ("x" is the drive of your PSP). There should be a folder titled RECOVERY. If its not there, you will need to do the next step. It it is there, go to step 4.

3. Go to http://psp-hacks.com and download the 1.5 eboot. put the EBOOT.PBP file in the x:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\ folder(make the recovery folder).

4. Make sure you have at least 75% battery left. If not, charge it.

5. Restart you PSP and HOLD the R button when it starts up. You should now be in recovery mode.

6. Go to "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP". As long as the file is there and you have a full battery, the installation should start.

7. Wait til its finished then restart your PSP if it tells you to(it may restart itself, IDK). Check the firmware version. It should be 1.5

8. Get the 3.02OE-A easy installer for the above site^ and install it following its directions.

(optional)Download the 3.02OE-B update from the same site and install it to upgrade to 3.02OE-B.
    NOTE: Im not fully sure if the recovery eboot is 1.5(although im pretty sure), so will someone please confirm this?

4. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

Kinda simmilar question folks. Is the 1.50 eboot (renamed to UPDATE.PBP) the only file you should have in the recovery folder? I ask because I have 5 other files, they are...UPDATE, libpsardumper.prx, extprxs, EBOOT, decryptprx.prx I tried a recovery to make sure it would work but it only went back to 3.02oe-a.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

5. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

the tutorial above would that work for sony's 3.03 update probably not right?