1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i downgrade to 1.50 from my current 3.40 OEA?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by taspankya, May 19, 2007.

1. taspankya

taspankya Member

well the question is "how do i downgrade to 1.50 from my current 3.40 OEA?" my motherboard is ta082 and i used the early 2.71 downgrader for it when it came out to get to 1.50. since then i had a problem and had to use usbhostfs fix (or whatever its called) to fix the id storage problem the downgrader created. now i noticed that my 3.40oea shows a blank screen when i go under the configuration part of the recovery window. also after restoring defaults it is stuck on this X and O reversal crap.

so basically i want to downgrade to 1.50 and hopefully after that i can upgrade to 3.40 oea and not have any issues (ones i can see and any underlying ones). i dont want to try the flash1 formatter fyi if someone just suggests that, unless you can provide information on how it is better otherwise.

i want this to be CLEAN flashing, no patches and crap. can someone help me with this? every time i search on here an a-hole just talks the person out of downgrading from the custom to 1.50 and no answer on how to do it is provided. thanks

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

for downgrading, if possible to access the xmb u could just run the update regularly (to my knowledge) or u could do it via recovery mode (use the winstaller) if u continue to have probs from the downgrade then use this program called (key cleaner) availible at www.pspudates.qj.net (use the search bar)

3. taspankya

taspankya Member

sounds to easy... just put 1.50 eboot in update folder and execute? any one second that?

but that is just another patch or cleaner... i want a PURE CLEAN SWIPE of both flashes f0 and f1 to the 1.50, preferably. then i can take it from there

thanks for input though

EDIT EDIT EDIT i finally found something

from

How to downgrade back to 1.5

* This can also be helpfull if you brick your psp. You can unbrick it with the following guide.

1. Download the Recovery Folder
    2. Go into recovery or XMB and access your usb
    3. Put the RECOVERY folder in the PSP/GAME folder which should include the UPDATE.PBP which is the 1.50 update eboot
    4. Close ur USB and access your Recovery menu
    5. Make sure you have 75% battery left becuase this will flash your psp and format ur flash0
    6. Click on Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
    7. Do not turn off your psp. Let it go untill it asks for you to restart manually.
    8. Check your PSP Settings and you should be back at 1.5
    9. Now you have a choice of staying at 1.5 or going back up again to 3.40 OE-A.

i guess i will try this

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  4. canhucker

canhucker Member

^ Did It Work ^

5. beachwad

beachwad Member

fwi, you cant just slap the 1.5 in an update folder under game and ask it to run the eboot file. i tried this and it says corrupted data. WOA, ON SECOND THOUGHT I MIGHT HAVE HAD A SHITTY EBOOT FILE. WOW. im gonna go try this again :D im not too good at this whole homebrewing stuff so if i didn't get any of this lingo right dont make fun of me :D thnx and gl im trying it right now again too

6. beachwad

beachwad Member

ok i forgot you can slap the 1.5 eboot in the update folder, i just did it and it worked BUT. it didn't let me 'update' to 1.5. it says the system software of your psp system is version 3.10, no need to update, and doesn't let me update. i cant trick it to let me downgrade can i? didn't think so.

7. foreshew

foreshew Member

i tried to downgrade from 3.40oea to 1.5 i followed the step by step
    above but when i start the run program at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBPit turns it self off and that is it can some one please help