1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I encode more than one input file with AVI2DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Triskaida, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Triskaida

Triskaida Member

Hi, I am trying to convert 2 Matroska (MKV) files to DVD.
    ConvertX stops after 2 minutes of one of the files and says the length is shorter than expected. If I try to open it in VirtualDubMod I get this:

"A frame of stream 1 (at 83 ms) had only a forward reference (maybe broken file).

(There are loads more frames in between these two)

A frame of stream 1 (at 669962 ms) had only a forward reference
    (maybe broken file).

Video frames seems to be weirdly ordered.

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'ÿÿÿÿ' (unknown)
    VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video."

The file works perfectly in Windows Media Player.

Someone suggested AVI2DVD, but how do I encode 2 files to one DVD?

Many thanks

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. Brightbla

Brightbla Member

OK well i can help ya with the Avi2Dvdall ya have to do is rename the files in an order like cd 1 ... cd 2 so on and so forthand Avi2Dvd will do it. BUT make certain there close to the same bit rate and you'll be fine other wise it don't work. Example same movie or something that has the same size in the video department.

This should help i hope http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm