1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I extract tracks from MDF files??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jep1, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jep1

jep1 Guest

Hello, this is my first post, but I have read and used alot of info on this site for some time. Thanks.
    I have used alcohol 120% to copy a protected CD to my hard drive. It has shown up as an MDF file which I can open and listen to and also successfuly copy to CD from. My question is. What I have is Zepplins complete 10 CD collection. I want to copy them all to my hard drive, open them up track by track and drag to a burning screen track by track to make my own version of a greatest hits CD. That being said, I cannot figure out how to access the tracks seperately. I can only figure out how to record the whole file, but I only want parts. Anybody know?
    Much appreciated.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

All you have to do is treat the MDF file like a CD. Once it is loaded into Alcohol 120% you don't need Alcohol anymore. You can use any CD ripper to rip the CD to your hard drive (I recommend [bold]dBPowerAMP[/bold] ver. 10). Remmember, the MDF file looks like a CD to the OS so anything that flies with optical drives will work with the virtual CD/DVD drive Alcohol 120% set up.

After ripping the songs to your hard drive you can burn the audio file using any CD burning software.

Ced