1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find out what version of Mod chip its installed

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chrisintx, Dec 6, 2004.

1. chrisintx

chrisintx Member

Hello All, newbie here, got modchip install in Iraq by local verdors, all games are working fine but I want to move on to the bigger and better things....how do I find out what they installed or ver? thanks guys

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you see a bright L.E.D. colored light ( Blue,Green)that means you have a modchip and your xbox is not softmodded. You can remove the top cover and peek into the side of the xbox where the light is and maybe get a glimps of the chip. Then you can browse around the resellers to see if you can find the same one. As for knowing what version Xbox you have, you'll have to remove both the DVD-Rom and Hardddrive to get a look at the mainboard. If your box is working, I don't suggest that you should be concerned because you could certainly goof/f'up your system. If you want, save up for a new xbox and install your own chip so you'll be up to date on the latest features.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004