1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I Find Someoene to Calibrate my HDTV ?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by ofield, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ofield

ofield Regular member

Hello,

I know there are calibration discs out there, but I know nothing on
    the subject and on my 46" Samsung HDTV The 3 different settings are sub par at best..

Does anybody know of any services that do the calibration. I live in West Virginia..

Thanks for any Help...

2. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

I would try to find someone who is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation or ISF. Anyone who is ISF certified will give you your money's worth. My Sony projector has been ISF calibrated and it's running at peak performance especially for HD DVD and BluRay. A few others on AD have had their displays ISF calibrated.

http://www.imagingscience.com/

There's a search function on the ISF website. For West Virginia you see that Sound Investments, Inc in Morgantown has ISF-trained people:

http://www.imagingscience.com/isf_results.cfm?temp=1&Country1=none&State1=WV&dlr_status=CAL

3. error5

error5 Regular member

+1 on the ISF suggestion.

They don't just use the usual picture controls like contrast, tint and brightness. They also will access what's called the service menu - generally used only by authorized repair technicians - to make more advanced adjustments to bring out the best from your set.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. ofield

ofield Regular member

Hi,
    Thanks for the information. I live in Beckley West
    Virginia, and could only find one place so far in Morgantown
    which is about 3 hours away.

Surely there must people that offer just calibration. Not Installment and calibration ???

I already bought my HDTV and hooked it up myself...