1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i fix my Xbox 360 Samsung Drive - its bricked!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by *agent47*, Jan 24, 2007.

1. *agent47*

*agent47* Guest

my samsung drive had xtreme firmware on it, i was reflashin it to the newer firmware but my floppy disk failed half way so i had no choice but to restart.
    my xbox drive does not open or close, how do i fix it? i cannot get it detected under windows because i need to enable 0800 mode and drive is not opening for me to do that.

any ideas plz help i havent played for over a month now!!!!

thanks alot

2. *agent47*

*agent47* Guest

anyone can u help?

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I'd say reflash with your x52x.bin file again with the bad-flash method if you have an m28. Gotta have a VIA SATA card though for that. Which sammy do you have?

4. *agent47*

*agent47* Guest

i have samsung MS25

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You will need to keep powering on the xbox and trying to flash it until mtkflash detects the right code, if this doesnt work, then you will have to borrow someone elses drive, and carry out a hotswap, which wont fail.

6. *agent47*

*agent47* Guest

is there a guide out for this? i need more detail to carry this out. thanks alot

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Pull the drive out yourself. :)

I know, bad advice but it would work. Sorry I have no other suggestions but you have to get the enable 0800 disc in there somehow.

8. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

Heres a good tutorial. It has the bad flash recovery in it, A floppy failed on me once also while flashing the 4th bank on the ms28 firmware it happens to a lot of people. I fixed it using mtkflash (typing the command) and just hitting 1 and turning on the 360 if it didnt start flashing repeated the process it took a LOT of trys but it worked. Theres a good tutorial now though for that sort of thing.

Tutorial

9. udaredme

udaredme Member

any update on this? i had the same floppy failure on my ms25 drive..and cant hotswap it with my friends..cuz i cant get his to reflash either..both ms25 drives...any luck?

10. INewton

INewton Member