1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I FLASH MY EVOX CHIP?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by debs182, Sep 11, 2004.

1. debs182

debs182 Member

Sorry i don't mean to be a pain but if anyones got the patients, can they tell me step by step instructions on how to flash my evox chip?

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

If you have not yet set up evox on your box then U could kill two birds with one stone and use an auto installer like Slayers 2.6 or firefuckers xdisk 1.1 which will flash bios and install everything needed for your xbox. If you only wish to flash the chip alone then you need to burn the bios of your choice to disk with a dummy file as well. The dummy file can be downloaded from the net. Check the tutorials on this because I have not tried it as yet.

3. debs182

debs182 Member

I already have the evox chip, would it hurt to use the firefuckers 1.1 disk anyway as i've downloaded that already?

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

should'nt hurt in any way. I have'nt tried this either as I am waiting on my new hard drive but have read plenty of info regarding the autoinstaller. Just burn the ISO that came with the download put the disk in the xbox and should do the lot. If it does'nt flash the chip then you may have to do it seperately.

5. debs182

debs182 Member

Thanks i'll try that!