1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i flash my xbox to where it is a un updated console again

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cac, Feb 3, 2007.

1. cac

cac Regular member

Im trying to get all the updates off my xbox. I hear u can flash it and it works. How do i do this?

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

Go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices? and pick yes, this will erase all the updates from your system, restoring it to the point it was when you bought it

3. cac

cac Regular member

i dont post to be joked at. Im serious jesus kids these days.

4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

you think im joking? if thats the case dont ask for help here again, i do you a favor and search for something that you didnt have the engergy to do and you think im joking, i hope doing so you brick your drive

5. cac

cac Regular member

where do these type of ppl comne from. Everyone knows that u need top flash and u cant do it from ur own console.

6. cac

cac Regular member

where do these type of ppl comne from. Everyone knows that u need top flash and u cant do it from ur own console.

7. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Actually there was a code combination like this one for the original Xbox console that brought up a message that asked you if you wanted to format your harddrive. But there were different codes for the version of Xbox you have. But if this works for every console does it delete all your saves and downloads?

*Note* This works for my Xbox but I don't know if I want to do it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  8. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

that works on the 360 and if you dont believe me then thats your fault, i know what im doing, i have been here helping people longer than you have, ask anyone who has been here helping, you dont lie to someone about something, thats how you do it, you dont like the advice i give you, dont come back asking for help, or better yet when you need help and im the person that knows how to fix whatever your problem is, im going to turn away

9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

But does it format it as well or just remove the updates?

10. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

its like a system restore on a windows computer, it just sets it back to the way it was when it was purchased

*EDIT*- It doesnt not delete game saves, it just removes updates, dont worry about losing your progress as you will not loose any of that stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  11. cac

cac Regular member

im not saying ur lieing its just funny. Next thing ud say was up up down down left right left right ba start is the way to remove a game save. Just sounds weird thast all. I heard the only way to restore it to factory setting was to flash it. and it is very dangerious to do becaus eu can make ur 360 to a big brick. If some one can conform that this works what jt is indeed right. But dont comne on here saying and crying ive helped more im better than u B**SH*T. WE are all here for the same reason to give help and to take help. Not throwing it others faces of what we done. U keep that top ur self.
    good day

12. cac

cac Regular member

Also 5 ppl tried it and UR way to remove updates does not work. Mabey u miss typed. Dbl check what u put ,but, it doesn't work :( sorry

13. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Here's an idea: why don't you go to google yourself and search for something along the lines of "maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?" and then come back and apologize for making a fool of yourself. JThomas was on the right track, it seems.

14. cac

cac Regular member

ok u can confirm that this works. Takes all updates off ur 360? U ve done this and it works?

15. cac

cac Regular member

also this is for GAME UPDATES not SYSTEM UPDATES. There is a differance between the 2. IM TALKING ABOUT GETTING RID OF FALL AND SPRING UPDATES. HOLY shit. u ppl poiss me off

16. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I feel bad that I'm saying this but this doesn't remove Xbox Live updates (ex. the latest fall dashboard update), it only deletes the game updates. The Xbox Live updates aren't stored on the hardrive, considering the dashboard isn't stored on the harddrive.

17. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Geez, if we all piss you off so much, then take your problem elsewhere.

18. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

i agree, i think someone should move this to the safety valve so i can have the freedom to explain to me what you are worth to this community

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  19. cac

cac Regular member

casue ur wrong, so now ur mad and want point fingers. I said hey ty for the help. But u were wrong thast all. Its no big deal.

20. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

well i think that if people here piss you off so bad that you should just post this question somewhere else