1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get legend of mana 2 play on ps2???

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by mikoes1, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Well esentially you were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. I don't brag, merely state facts. I wasted 20 CD-R's on LOM before I gave up on it. It doesn't work with Breaker Pro, it does work with a modchip. I have no need to brag, my rep in this forum speaks for itself.

2. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

i have the us version of the game ok? will it work with breakerpro or not?

3. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah we got off on the wrong foot. I could see how you thought I was being a braggart. That's not my style. If you have the original version and want to make it a 1 to 1 copy, it might work. If you downloaded it, the iso that was uploaded doesn't work with Breaker Pro. I tried several different torrents and all I could get was the same crappy Clone CD rip. If you have an original copy of the game, or a copy of a 1 to 1 copy, it might work. Otherwise, you're pretty much SOL.

4. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

i have downloaded many games from emuparadise.org in hopes of burning the iso's to cd's to use on my psx with breaker pro; they won't work? they are mostly in clonecd format but i do have one that is bin and cue. i have been searching the internet trying to find out how to burn them, it is out there i know it, i know there's more of a reason for downloading them then just emulating them. i have read countless possibilities, some of them made me go way out of the way, like subchannel reading, which isn't supported by all cdburners aparently... i have learned that the subchannel has everything to do with lybcrypt, the playstation protection, which is on all of the discs i assume. a few years ago clone cd was the one to use, for beginners who didn't understand cdrwin, i never have and have tried over and over to figure that damn program out, but it's got too many buttons. then clone cd started getting looked at really closely by the media protection organizations and they seemed to narrow their program down to a image maker, copier with the equivilant 1:1 ratio of that of easy cd creator. nero is good and alcohol seems like it's the one, but cdrwin i believe holds the key... nero and alcohol are basically the only ones to use since they can do just about everything, damn windows xp made that a standard and now there's only a couple companies who will make decent faultless software... they just try to hard to make it pretty and do everything they can, and implement all the latest 2 dollar software into their product to make it $50 and sell it on the shelf at office depot. someone out there (someone who's got the smarts) needs to rewrite a program to do that. i say if each person works together... he makes a cd ripper, she makes a cd protection detector, i make an adapter for the psx! (that will read the psx cd using the psx cdrom, that's an idea i tell you what.) and putting it on the harddrive that way. use the native hardware... i must figure this out, it just seems like i'm hunting in the jungle and everyone who got eaten is dead and cannot tell me where i am.

5. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Wow that's a long message. Most PSX games are not mod protected, only a handful of US-NTSC games. Check those lists I posted, there's only 10 or 12 games. I've found the best program for burning PSX games is Alcohol 120%. It supports just about any file format you can think of and is very easy to use. I think most newer CD burners support reading sub channel data. Alcohol has that feature on automatically when the data type is set to Playstation. The only program that works with modprotected games currently is CDRWIN. The U.S. LOM isn't modprotected. You use a tool called PPFomatic to patch games that are mod protected, then your burn the patched image with CDRWIN. Almost all PSX games you download will work with a straight burn. Out of 60 or so PSX backups I have, I patched 5 or 6.

63. Q. I read that you suggested using Alcohol 120% to backup PSX games or PS2 CD-ROM based games. I don't have Alcohol 120%, I use Nero or CloneCD. How do I use those programs to back up PSX games or CD-ROM based PS2 games?
    A. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/236278
    Note: If you get the foreign image settings in Nero, be sure to select Mode 2.

46. Q. How do I burn PSX mod protected games?
    A. First you'd need know if the game is mod protected: http://www.go.to/psxcplist http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_protected_games.shtml
    Then you'd need to download the patch: http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml
    Then you patch it with PPFomatic: http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_ppf.shtml#PPF-O-Matic
    Then you burn it to CD-R with CDRWIN: http://goldenhawk.com/
    PPF and CDRWIN tutorial: http://www.go.to/psxcplist
    In some rare cases you may download a mod protected game that's not in .bin format. For those you'd need to burn the game to disc using the Alcohol %120 guide for PSX games posted earlier. Then you'd use CDRWIN to extract a .bin file to your HD. From there continue as normal. Note: This process can also be used to patch PSX PAL games to NTSC and vice versa with PPFomatic.

6. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

speculations cause coasters... we need cold hard facts, about two things. A) why is there so many anti-mod patches for different countries version of Breath of Fire IV and why there are none for the usntsc and B) what this whole ppf business is. it would be very easy for me to patch the game, if, someone could tell me how to do it. Makeppf isn't straight forward enough... downloading the images is stupid also, considering at gamestop one can buy a game and take it back in 7 days if he has the receipt for a full refund. so my SOLUTION IS THIS. go to GAMESTOP and buy LEGEND OF MANA. take it home, and MAKE A PPF FILE FROM IT. from what it seems is that the cd only copies so much, and the mod protection is nearly invisible. when the cd is made into a BIN file, it doesn't have the protection YET, so you use MAKEPPF.EXE to add the missing bytes of data which will allow it to show up as a true original. then take it back and say you didn't like it... BUT, ON ANOTHER NOTE. C) HOW CAN ONE USE THE IMPORT PLAYER IF ONE USES BREAKER PRO? i tried, and it freezes... could be that i need to try again. that cd appears to be a counterpart of BREAKERPRO anyway. D)IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY LEGEND OF MANA, IF ONE HAD A MOD CHIP AND A LITTLE THING CALLED "IMPORT PLAYER" BECAUSE IT defeats THE ANTI MOD protection that is in imported games, AND THEREFORE, is a standalone cd that you make, without HAVING to PATCH your LEGEND OF MANA or BREATH OF FIRE IV .bin file.... what do you think moderator?

7. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

I don't know what specualtions you are referring to. I'm not speculating about any of these games, I have successfully booted every game you're talking about. The U.S. NTSC LOM isn't mod protected. I'm positive of that. It boots fine with my modchip. It just doesn't work on the PS2 with Breaker Pro, at least the Clone CD rips you can get off the net don't. It will work with the PSX and Breaker Pro. You're a hard person to help. It seems you are continually insulting my game knowledge. If you think I'm full of shit, check around the net. All the info you need is right here. If you've got time to write such long posts, then you've got time to search. I will be unsubscribing to this post now, good luck.

8. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

what a girly man... you answer questions which you get answers to from the internet and then say you know! i know too! i tried to use a Legend of Mana disc to be booted with breakerpro which doesn't work for a very strange reason which is probably that it is mod protected and you have the stealth chip! gee golly! could it be

9. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

As this is now a pointless thread, Creaky or Darth, shut it down please.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  10. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

quoting the fool with that picture of a girl holding a sword... "I don't know what specualtions you are referring to. I'm not speculating about any of these games, I have successfully booted every game you're talking about. The U.S. NTSC LOM isn't mod protected. I'm positive of that. It boots fine with my modchip. It just doesn't work on the PS2 with Breaker Pro, at least the Clone CD rips you can get off the net don't. It will work with the PSX and Breaker Pro. You're a hard person to help. It seems you are continually insulting my game knowledge. If you think I'm full of shit, check around the net. All the info you need is right here. If you've got time to write such long posts, then you've got time to search. I will be unsubscribing to this post now, good luck."
    that's where i'm quoting from, here's the line i'm referring to...
    "It just doesn't work on the PS2 with Breaker Pro, at least the Clone CD rips you can get off the net don't. It will work with the PSX and Breaker Pro."
    everyone, he or she is referring to playing a copy of Legend of Mana NTSC U/C on PSX, which is the first Playstation, not the new black one called a playstation 2. He/she is also referring to the use of a Import/Backup CD called Breaker Pro for use on such a console. to summarize his statement...
    Legend of Mana NTSC U/C is NOT mod-protected.
    Legend of Mana NTSC U/C WILL NOT work on PS2 with BREAKER PRO.
    Legend of Mana NTSC U/C WILL work on PSX with Breaker Pro.

2 of these statements is true, 1 is false. In fact, "Tokijin", Legend of Mana will not work on PSX with Breaker Pro. That is what i'm trying to use. I have tried all the above methods.

THIS IS AN UNKNOWN FORM OF PROTECTION. THAT IS MY THEORY. IT'S NOT MOD-PROTECTED. I HAVE A FEELING LEGEND OF MANA IS A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. also have a look at burning the game NIGHTMARE CREATURES 1. YOU MIGHT FIND IT DOESN'T WORK. NOW TOKIJIN, SINCE YOU DON'T USE A BREAKER PRO, I WANT YOU TO NOT RESPOND AT ALL AND LET THE ONES WHO USE BREAKER PRO, TALK ABOUT BREAKER PRO, INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR PLAYSTATION 2. YES, WE ALL KNOW THAT THE NEW $60 MOD CHIPS CAN PLAY EVERY GAME. THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THEY'RE $60. BUT FOR THE ONES WHO THOUGHT, "I COULD GET MONEY FOR MY SYSTEM LATER IF I DON'T TAKE IT APART", THIS BLOG IS FOR YOU.

also i don't want anyone to write anything unless they have actually tried to copy Legend of Mana or downloaded it and tried to burn it. i hate "do-gooders" who read something, and blast off to google and try to help people. it's just maddening. hell i've done that myself, and got blasted by people like i am now.

another note i'd like to say to tokijin...

JAPANIME IS THE STUPIDEST THING SINCE VOLKS WAGONS COMING TO AMERICA.

11. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Wow I didn't realize this thread was still active, glad I found it. I did own Breaker Pro. I burned 20-30 CD-R's of LOM in an attempt to use it Breaker Pro. I tried to get it working on PS2, I don't own a PSX. I tried several different torrents, none worked. I've burned a 100 successful successful PSX backups with Alcohol 120%, Nero, both versions of CDRWIN, and Clone CD. I've forgotten more about the PSX/PS2 than you ever will know. I don't why you can't get it through your thick head that I owned Breaker Pro. Problems with Breaker Pro is what brought me to AD in the first place. I'm sorry you have down syndrome, autism, or whatever it is that keeps you from understanding English. Htheidiot, I'm not sure I've ever met a more aptly named member of AD. Cheers!

12. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

alright then smart guy, let's test your extensive knowledge that you have somehow forgotten (?) you burned 20-30 copies of lom but you had a breakerpro, and said it worked on psx, how did you manage that?

13. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

I never said I tested it on PSX. I read in other forums that it worked fine with Breaker Pro on PSX. It doesn't work with Breaker Pro on PS2. It was a compatiblity issue. I reasearched it thoroughly. I tried several different torrents, burn programs, and media. None of them worked. I read in other forums people had the same issues. One of the people that said he couldn't get it to work on PS2 with Breaker Pro, mentioned he tried it on PSX with Breaker Pro and it worked fine. I never verified this personally, I haven't owned a PSX in years. It does work on PSX emulators on PC, I can verify that. I can also verify that it works with a modchip. I have a v.4 PS2 modded with a legit Matrix Infinity blue dot. That's all I know. I never want threads to reach this pitch. You've done nothing but insult me from the get go. I'm not your enemy, by the looks of things you are. Cheers!

14. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

Um, sorry for butting in but LOM works just fine on PSX. It has no mod protection. I've tested it doing the direct swap trick and also using ImportPlayer (which is basically Breaker Pro in alpha and beta stages) and the game runs just fine. My copy was made directly from an original using 1:1 in CCD and it works just fine! I don't really understand why you're still arguing about this. It's clear that idiot just likes to start arguments. I use GS Lite for my PSX backups on the PS2 and LOM works properly with it.

On other notes, to convert the img to bin all you'd have to do is mount the image using Alcohol's virtual drive feature, fire up CDRWin and have it make a backup of the virtual disc. It's much more practical than extracting all the files to the HD, it maintains the file placement the image has (assuming it's in accordance to the original's structure that is) and you save yourself a CDR.

15. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yes that's a good point lol. The only reason I responded was that this thread had been inactive for awhile and I came across his latest post. Thank you for verifying that it works on PSX with a boot disc. It works on great on PS2 with a modchip, which is all I care. LOM is a good game, otherwise this thread would never had been started. Cheers!

16. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

That guy sounds like some noob wanting to get a rep by challenging a long time member who's rep speaks for itself.

Anyways, I hope someone got the image of LOM I uploaded and got it working.

17. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

do you know what the import player does? it eliminates the antimod protection. that is probably why your copy worked. why not try to put it in your already modded playstation.

18. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

ImportPlayer has the option to let you use the Anti-Mod killer mechanism, which Breaker Pro does too. In fact, the option is so primitive that most games cannot actually boot when you enable the AntiMod killer option (or it just doesn't work like with Legend of Dragoon for example). And to be perfectly honest with you LOM was the very first PSX backup I EVER did and it was also my first succesful one. And that was back when it came out 6 or 7 years ago, so I know what I'm talking about here. Don't waste your time trying to make other people look bad when you've stuck your own foot way to deep up your backhole. You only make your own humiliation worst.

19. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

If you have any doubts:

Legend of Mana NTSC-2-PAL [PAL4U] US/NTSC
    Legend of Mana NTSC-2-PAL [PAL4U/PPF] US/NTSC
    Legend of Mana Protection Fix & PAL/NTSC Selector JAP/NTSC

The patch for protection is for the Japanese version. The patches for US version is for PAL selection and not really for any kind of protection.

I hope that clears this whole mess up. :)

20. htheidiot

htheidiot Guest

i hope you die.