1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i get my dvds to play on all dvd players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by suff22886, Feb 3, 2005.

1. suff22886

suff22886 Member

i have successfully created a dvd but it will only play on about 2 out of 5 dvd players. is there a way to get it to play on 5 out of 5 dvd players?

also does anybody know how to find out if my dvds will play in american dvd players?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There are so many reasons a burned dvd might not play in players it would take forever to list them all. Some of the main reasons: are your players able to play both formats(+ or -). May be a media mismatch. Did you burn them all the same way. Did you use the best quality blank media. Did you label them. The list goes on. From reading your post I take it you are outside the USA. USA uses NTSC video format. Other places use PAL video format. PAL usually doesn't play on NTSC machines without being converted.

Jerry

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

i have the same problem..i use +R...plays in everything in my house...but my daughter-in-law whose dvd player is younger than mine...can only play about 1/2 of what i burn....

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I started out the same way burning all +R media and ended up with the same problem. So now all I burn is -R blanks and they usually play well on all my players and my daughters.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005