1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get pass Copyright?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JeVo, Feb 1, 2005.

1. JeVo

JeVo Member

Hi. I'm new here and I would like to know how to get pass the copyright part on DVD Shrink. I use Decrypter and got it over with, but the part is that the DVD files are too large and with Shrink unable to read or backup copyright protection, I can't reauthor the DVD. So does anyone know how to reauthor it? Does Decrypter do reauthor? I try it for the pass 3 days and still can't get over that.

2. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

We will assume you are attempting to back up a copywrite protected disk that you own, of course. If not I do not want to know about and neither does anyone else.

Everything step by step is in guides. Look UP now...see the Third tab over? Its guides...everything everyone knows is there. Honest. Really.

You seem like a really nice person sooooo...I'm pasting my favorite guide link below.
    Using Dvd Decrypter and DVD Shrink guide
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/shrink_decrypter.html

Now...breaaathe.

It occurred to me that you might have settings off in decrypter - this is a flash step by step demo that shows settings too I think.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

Same thing for dvd shrink - flash, covers reauthoring.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Shrink is capable of importing those files you made with Decrypter. Open Shrink, then click open files and browse to the location of the Decrypter files.

Jerry

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

JeVo,
    DVD Shrink does remove the copyright protection from most dvd's, it's just some of the new ones you need to use the new version of DVD Decrypter first.
    As for me I use decrypter first in file mode for all my ripping, then re-author with shrink and finally burn once again with decryptor.

5. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Ditto. J_Man.

By the way, JeVo, don't mean to come off as rude. Written word is very harsh, and the same questions get asked a thousand times a day =)

6. JeVo

JeVo Member

I use Decrypter and got backup of the DVD in hard drive. I then use shrink to open it, but shrink can't read any files I save on the hard drive. I'll get back in a bit. I'm still trying it.

7. J_man

J_man Regular member

JeVo,

If you are creating (iso files) with decryptor when you go to open them with shrink, do not click the open files button next to the open disc button.
    Make sure you click file on the very top left of the window then select open disc image. Then you will be able to navigate to you image file you created.

8. JeVo

JeVo Member

So now I see what I did wrong there. I keep clicking the open files button. I just burn it, but it's was running while burning, why is it not working when I try to run the DVD after burning it? It keep saying "Disc Error".