1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get the best Compatibility on stand-alones?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvd8man, Jan 10, 2004.

1. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

I was trying to play my dvds on my panasonic and my sony playstaion 2 and they don't work so i was wondering how i could get better Compatibility because they work good on my GE dvd player. Hope some one can help. Thanks Justin

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Dvd8man, you need to check the specs on all your players and see what format they play(-R or+R}. My guess is you will be pretty safe if you use -R media for all of them. But check 1st. Most older players are usually -R, newer ones are usually dual format. Just general rules so check. If you need more info, go to www.dvdrhelp.com. They have listings of players, writers and media compatability.
    Jerry

3. mrbishop1

mrbishop1 Member

what you need is-
    pionneer rewriter 106
    dvd shrink 3.0
    recordnow

done hundreds of films worked on all players also use datawrite ritek dvd-r discs
    easy

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

To really insure that you get a product which will play on your washer’s Spin Cycle, as well as 99% of the standalone players out there (including your Sony PS) -

– Rip, compress and re-Author with DVDShrink 3.1 and then burn to a CD using Nero’s Mini-DVD Format and you’re “Good to go” - (a DVD-9 = 2 CD’s)

A little work but it’ll pay on most anything –

“P”

"P"