1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Get The Extras?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by scubagal, Oct 25, 2007.

1. scubagal

scubagal Guest

I am using DVDFab HD now instead of RipIt4Me. I am not sure what step I am missing but I am not getting the scene selections when I put a burned DVD into a player. It goes straight to the movie. I printed out a guide off of this forum site and I have read thru it but can't see where I am making the mistake. Along with DVDFab I use DVD Srink and DVD Decrypter. Can someone tell me where they think I may be going wrong? Thanks.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

[​IMG]

1. Make sure you select FULL DISC. this will copy EVERYTHING!
    2. Set the Source
    3. Set the Target

you should get everything from the DVD including all the EXTRAS.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  3. scubagal

scubagal Guest

Thank you, I will try it again and this time I'll pay attention to what I'm doing. I appreciate the help...

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

yw~!

5. scubagal

scubagal Guest

Okay, I tried it again, and Full disk was selected, the source is my DVD Drive E: and the target is the folder I created on C: When I put the burned DVD into a player, again there are no scene selections, or the other options that usually come up at the beginning of a DVD. I don't know what to change. Like I said earlier, I printed off a guide from one of these forums and thought I followed it. If you have any other advice plz pass it along. Thank you.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

listen up.......... I don't know what DVD you're trying to copy....... but not all DVDs have menus with LOADS OF EXTRAS. Some DVDs only have Director Comments.... NO SCENE SELECTIONS and other things like actor and actress comments and such. Not all DVDs are alike! So what extras are on some DVDs are not on ALL DVDs! try playing the source DVD ........ then play your burned DVD ....... it should be the same if you are using DVDFab HD Decrypter! Now the question is..... what media did you use, what program did you use for compression, and what burning software did you use to burn the DVD?

7. scubagal

scubagal Guest

I was using DVDFab HD with DVD Shrink then Image Burn. I played the source disk "Meet The Robinson"s" which did have scene selections and so forth. So, i went back to RipIt4Me with DVD Shrink and Image BUrn and all was well. Thanks for helping.

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I think the problem here is when you used Shrink...... you probably went into ReAuther and just added Title 1 only! that's how you didn't get any extras! you just added Title 1 only. That is the only way that you didn't get your extras.

9. scubagal

scubagal Guest

You are right. I did only add title 1. When I say I followed the steps in the guide, I mean I really followed the steps. Thanks for sticking with me on it. I will try with DVDFab again and see if I can get outside the box and think for myself.