1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i give my psp a complete reboot?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tobishen, Nov 29, 2007.

1. tobishen

tobishen Member

I bought my psp on the first day of its release in the US, and nower days i am having problems with its function, like not opening folders in the xmb menu (it shows the little load sign in the corner then nothing but it doesnt freeze) and when using the internet the letters are jambled up or just dont show (the letters on the enter key menu). I have tried cleaning the keys a dozen times and nothing works, its also affecting my games because i cant save in some games, itll just say checking for memory stick and stay there. I was wondering if there was a way to give my psp a hard reset/reboot like one would do to a computer when they wanted to start its system all over again. Any help would be apreciated

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

to reboot L+R+start or hold the power button on till the psp resets

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Or hold up the PSPS on switch for 5 seconds.

5. tobishen

tobishen Member

doesnt that just shut the system off, I mean a hard reboot like on a computer where it whipes everything off, something like that, if yall read my problem maybe i could get help for it if a psp cannot be rebooted that way

6. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

that's how to reboot a psp hard reboot your psp by holding the power button and we have read ur problem and this is how u do it.

and what do u want to wipe off? not whipes

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

in other words,thts how u shut the psp down like pc does.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  8. tobishen

tobishen Member

k my bad maybe i should start a new thread with a different title and post my problem again cuz im just lookin for a solution to what i mentioned earlier before i decide to try and get a new psp

9. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

If you want the settings reset, go to Reset Settings in the System Settings. The only way to fully wipe everything off a PSP's internal memory is to use Pandora's battery, or another downgrader. Be clearer in your problem next time, and you wont create so much confusion.