1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I install 1channel on my dm9001-s sat box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dopey000, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

I need help getting 1channel on my sat box. I was wondering if I am able to install or download the program manually through the web browser available on the box itself or what steps I need to follow to get a site or app which allows me to stream movies and series via my box. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Ya do know thats now blocked by all UK providers, Virgin, Sky etc, all blocked since last week due,

3. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Am I completely unable to get anything of the sort. I'm using a hm 9001-s Linux based media player. My friend has a similar box and his 1channel, icefilms and xbmc all are still working perfectly as I seen them in action yesterday. Are any other plugins available for the box for a similar result?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

1chan and others work in XBMC as they are using a work around, working via an inbuilt proxy in the app, but if you dont have XBMC on ure box and are using VM, SKY etc as your provider then it wont work, they are blocking it and a host of others, see below

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/14/studios_win_movie_streaming_blocks_in_uk/

Those apps were never available for that box as I did ask this at the start when the box was launched, that box is a closed source Linux based box, so the code isnt available that I am aware off, the apps on it currently are crap, now there is a new firmware for it since Nov 12, not sure if thats what on ure box currently as I stopped using the box

http://ast-micsupport.net/HDMediaHM9001S/FAC.HD Media.HM-9001S.v2.11.77.2013Nov12.zip

5. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

So if its unavailable are there any other ways of being able to use xbmc or the likes. Would I have to buy an additional media player just for this or would I be better buying a better box?

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

honestly, I wouldn't buy a new Sat box just use 1chan apps etc, go with a Android box such as the Sumvision Cyclone X2, read the below about the Android boxs and the Cyclone, I use one of those and they are excellent, what they have done is incorporated a proxy into the 1chan app so it works, now, be aware the others wont work like that unless the addon/app owner does it, you may have to add a proxy to each one, easy to do by the way via the addon setting, I do this to get BBC IPLAYER and ITV catchup players to work for me in Ireland!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/android_tv_box-967279/

7. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

I'm pretty clueless about all this, I'm situated in Northern Ireland myself and I got a box and subscription of a mate, basically I just wanted it for the footy. I seem to have an irish package as all the adverts are from Southern Ireland. So basically I want abox that can give me all the stations I get at the minute plus the option to stream. So would you advise me to change boxes or buy a cyclone to have aswell as the 9001-s?

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

not really, you buying a box just to stream, which means paying twice and prob more for it, where the Android box will do this and lots lots more, HD movies, 3D movies etc, choice is yours

9. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Done a bit of research on this and apparently the ouya console is the best 1 for running xbmc. Though I'm interested in the android box as I would like a machine that does everything rather than lots of different devices. Thanks again for your help on this subject.

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

No worries, its a matter of choice, the Ouya is a good box but thats a matter of opinion, its not stable and they are waiting on v13 of XBMC to be released and its a bit behind with firmware that the Sumvision/Geniatech/ATV1200/mygica is at, the Cyclone is the same box as the ATV1200, the MYgica etc same model, different badge, its having issues the Cyclone box did near a year ago with sound outputs etc those are all the same boxs under a different badge and the firmware for all work on each other, so there is a lot of development going on by all the companies, so you can change firmware version of the box and version of XBMC they use, to suit what you want or whats best, so for the general all rounder, for me, its the better box, better support, you want to go better your into quad core boxs and the price rises

11. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Fantastic, I'll probably go for the cyclone x2 now, do you have any idea how I could sell my hm 9001-s now as I will have no use for it. Also the guy that got mey box plus sub said he has a new box called the amiko alien 2 so I'm gonna do some research on it also. Many thanks.

12. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Also does the cyclone have the ability to record?

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  14. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

The more I read on these forums the more I realise how clueless I am in regards to this sort of thing. Would I be right in saying that buy choosing the cyclone box I would have to stream my programmes rather that just flick through my guide like I do on the hm 9001-s? I understand its an android media player but would I have like a TV guide with all the current sly channels that I currently have with my sat box or is it generally just for media purposes ie, streaming, music , movies itvplayer 4od etc etc. (I'm sure by reading this you comprehend how clueless I really am). To cut a long story short, if you wanted a sat box that could record pause rewind etc plus have all you sly sports movies doc channels etc plus run xbmc which one would you recommend?

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The Cyclone is a Android box with XBMC and Navi X, streaming TV, movies and you will get TV chans via Filmon addon, but if you want to have sat + XBMC, it seems the Amiko Alien2 has that using the addon listed in the link I posted, this will be able to play 1chan etc, but I aint read much into it to be honest, by all accounts is working according to the site I linked above, but I suggest to read mor eon it before parting with the cash

16. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Seems like the amiko is the box for me then, my mate has a few in stock and he said he'll take the 9001-s back against it so alls good. Thanks for all your help on this front and I'll let you know how I get on with the amiko.

Thanks

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Cool, best of luck with it

18. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

Hi MICKAH, I've just recently purchased the amiko alien 2 and have my sat channels working through spark firmware, I have tried to get xbmc on my enigma but I just can't font a stable one to run. Do you know of any or are there any apps available on enigma for the sole purpose of streaming movies and series?

Any help would be much appreciated.

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

On the link I posted above is about enigma 2 and XBMC and how to load it etc