1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I install 3.03b?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jollybean, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jollybean

jollybean Guest

How do I install Dark Alex's 3.03b on my PSP? I currently have a 1.50 version PSP, running Devhook 0.46. I don't have any custom firmware installed. How do I easily get 3.03b working? Is there a chance of bricking my PSP? Do I really need 3.03b if I have Devhook 0.46? I would like to play PSX games, PSP ISOs, PSP CSOs. I'm not clued up with doing anything too complicated like messing with PRXs etc. Just need an easy guide. Can anyone help? Are there any pitfalls in installing 3.03b - eg. what won't I be able to do? Will I be able to revert back to my original 1.5 version if I need to?

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Here's a little collection of PSP downgrades / upgrades I put together :
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12691043/PSP_2.71_Downgrader_and_Updates.rar

Ive used these exact files on 9 PSPs and had 9 successful with no probs, but Ive been going to 3.02OE-A first then to 3.03OE-A then to 3.03OE-B.

Download the files and extract. Get the 3.02.rar file and extract the 302_BASIC_Installer_150.exe. Use that to update to 3.02 OE-A....the files will Auto Install for you.

Once thats done delete the contents of PSP/GAME folder. Then create a folder called GAME150 in the PSP folder and put the contents of the 3.03 Auto Installer in the GAME150 folder. Run that update.

Once thats done delete the contents of the GAME150 folder and put the 2 folders from 3.03OE-B.rar into the GAME150 folder. Run that update and you're done.

REMEMBER that your PSP battery has to be at 75% with your charger plugged in before you run the updates ! :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Even though the download is named '2.71 Downgrader' it includes all the updates you need.....

4. jollybean

jollybean Guest

I've tried this link and cannot download the files - have tried 6 times!

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Try the link in my sig below.

6. jollybean

jollybean Guest

Thanks for the links Sudds but I'm not about to pay for downloads.

7. jollybean

jollybean Guest

Is there a chance of bricking my PSP by installing 3.03? Do I really need 3.03b if I have Devhook 0.46? I would like to play PSX games, PSP ISOs, PSP CSOs. I'm not clued up with doing anything too complicated like messing with PRXs etc. Just need an easy guide. Can anyone help? Are there any pitfalls in installing 3.03b - eg. what won't I be able to do? Will I be able to revert back to my original 1.5 version if I need to?

8. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Links works ok for me. Are you having a problem with Rapidshare ?

Yes you WILL need to upgrade to 3.02OE or 3.03OE if you want to play PSX games. Devhook works fine for ISOs as you are but why use Devhook when the new OE firmwares eliminate the need for it ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007