1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i join 2 avi files with different sampling rates?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shand617, Jan 19, 2005.

1. shand617

shand617 Member

I have 2 avi files I would like to connect. I am using Virutaldub and get the following message, "Cannot append segment The audio streams have different sampling rates (16271.00000 vs. 1624.00000) Is there a way to work around this problem.

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If it's just the audio, extract it from both files using the method written in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217, add each MP2 audio stream you made with BeSweet to its AVIs with VirtualDubMod (deleting also the old audio stream: choose Stream__Stream List in VirtualDubMod), set Video__Direct Stream Copy and do File__Save (F7) the 2 AVIs. Now the AVIs have the same encoding rate for the audio, and there should be no problem (remember to check, in BeSweet, Deconvert Sample Rate (48 -->44.1 Hz by default) and select profile: MP2 for SVCD.
    Onvce you've done the 1st time, it will be worth forever (expecially if you 'Save as default' that MP2 profile).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005