1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know if i have a v1 or v2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by polk, Dec 16, 2003.

1. polk

polk Member

my ps2 will not play some of my dvd's. i dont know if it is the version i have or not and how can i tell what version i have and what is a fliptop?? thanks to all in the future

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

www.ps2cover.com is for the fliptop... as for finding the v of the ps2.... check for the number of the modle in the back of ps2... look for something like this eg... "SCPH-39004" "SCPH-30001" keep in mind that numbers may vary so check them all out ^_^

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

Note that if you do have a v1-v3 that http://www.ps2cover.com does not sell fliptops for those versions. I had to get one for my v2 at http://www.chipzone.com It will be a 10 screw model.

The v1-v3 will not play DVD +R, so any DVDs you have on those would not play if you have an older model.

The fliptop is a replacement cover that lets you change the disk without hitting the eject button. When a ps2 disk boots up it checks that it is an original disk. The fliptop lets you boot with a special boot disk, Swap Magic, and then change the disk for your backup. If you hit the eject button the disk is rechecked so the fliptop bypasses that by changing the disk without hitting the eject button.

5. polk

polk Member

ok i have a v4. thanks all. but ii still cant play dvd's. i could when i first got it i think my laser needs to be replaced. what do yoll think.