1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know if my wii is chipable?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by c0nnected, Dec 17, 2007.

1. c0nnected

c0nnected Guest

hi all

how can you tell if a wii is chipable preferably before opening it. i recently spent hours on a friends wii but never got it to work with a wiikey (put the wiikey in mine and works fine). now another friend wants one doing and would really like to know what to look for before going to the hassle of opening it up.

regards

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

It's not a question of whether it's "chipable" because all wii's can be modded, you just have to make sure that you get the right chip for you model of wii. Really there are a lot of choices if you don't have a D2C chipset. If you DO have the D2C chipset then you need to make sure that you buy a D2CKey or you won't be able to mod it. Go to this link below and input your serial number to find out what chipset you have.

http://nintendo-scene.com/wiitracker/search.php

3. netdata

netdata Member

Yes even with the Pins Cut models where they chopped 3 legs off the chip, you can mod them.

1. Microsoldering (very carefully solder to the barely exposed metal on the chip.

2. Filing (using a hand file)

3. Grinding (using a dremel tool)

As always mods are not meant for the unexperienced, you should
    have nominal soldering experience or otherwise let someone who does do the mod.

Not to be discouraged though, I have seen success mods from people
    thats never even picked up a soldering iron before.

There are also some solderless kits coming out.
    (not for d2c tho)

And the FlexPCB is due out on the 25th at the cost of around $11.25 each.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. c0nnected

c0nnected Guest

i believe i have a wii that has cut drive pins, do you have a link to a diagram that shows how to reconnect them? thanks