1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know what kind of playstation 2 i own

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manifesto, Nov 6, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ive heard you guys talk about different type of playstations2 where can i find my type of ps2? ive heard of v5, v7... where can i find this info out

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

in the back of your ps2 ^_^

on that blue sticker just over the power and the av plug it tells you the model number

i can be from scph-1000x to scph-5000x

heres an easy way to find out

If your model# is SCPH-39000, 39001, 39002, 39003, 39004 or 37000 you have a V7 PS2 main board.

V5/V6 PS2 main board The model numbers can be SCPH-30000R, SCPH-30001 R, SCPH-30002 R, SCPH-30003 R, SCPH-30004 R, SCPH-30006 R
    But also some SCPH-30000, SCPH-30001, SCPH-30002, SCPH-30003 and SCPH-30004 PS2 have a V5/V6 main board.

Make sure to double check that the screw shown below is actually in your system.
    Simply take out the expansion slot cover,turn round your PS2 and check to see if the screw shown below is in your console, if it is, you have a V5/V6 console.

Make sure to double check that the screw shown below is actually in your system.
    Simply take out the expansion slot cover,turn round your PS2 and check to see if the screw shown below is in your console, if it is, you have a V5/V6 console. If you dont have the screw in the expansion slot you have an older V1-V4 PS2 baord.

V1,V2 or V3 PS2 main board.

Turn the playstation upside-down and check how many screws there are.
    The screws are covered by black plastic or rubber hole covers.
    You can easily remove the screw covers by prying them off with a small flat head precision screwdriver.If you have 10 bottom screws you have a V1, V2 or V3 PS2 model.
    Version 4, 5/6 and 7 consoles can be differentiated from previous versions as they only have 8 screw covers on the underside of the console.

almost forgot IF the ps2 of yours have a scph-5000x then it's a v9

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  3. manifesto

manifesto Guest

cyprien you are a blessing. thanks for the knowledge. this leads me to another problem. i havent been succseful at backing up my games, wether its cdrom game or dvdrom game. i havent achieve jack!! the problem is cdrwin lets me extract disk/track and sectors. i have a basic idea on how that goes. but than when i go to either backup dic/ or record disc it tells me that no supported cdrom recorder was found in the system. when i know i have a dvd/cd-rw drive... anyone can tell me what seems to be the problem? ive downloaded alcohol 120% but that seems alot more complicated. anyone with any guides on both programs will be a great help. im so fustrated that i cant do this its driving me crazy.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The easiest and best way I think to make a back up of a game is to use Record Now Max.The step is easy just plug the game in your recorder and make a exact copy of it.The burning speed is up to you.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member