1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I limit Bandwith between two computers

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by thor9978, Jan 15, 2007.

1. thor9978

thor9978 Member

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and I have a Gateway and HP computer. The problem is that my stepkid is using the HP to download a host of informtaion with Bittorrent, which is severely hampering the way which my gateway access information from the internet. It seems that when he does this, my computer experiences severe lag issuses, not to mention that the lag is so bad that I'm thinking of quitting Everquest and a few other games bacause of it. Needless to say it's completely annoying the holy hell out of me and I can't figure out a way to limit the bandwith that his bittorrent program is using.

I know that he is using BitLord, but I'm having a hard time trying to limit or distribute the bandwith evenly between the two computers. I can shut off his wireless access, but that only means fighting with him and his mom, either way I'm so annoyed that I'm thinking of canceling my Cablemodem and going dial up. But the fun doesn't end there, cause i'm sure that he will try a way to access BitLord with a dial up, only causing further fustration.

HELP

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO LIMIT HIS BANDWITH BEFORE I GO NUTS?

Is there another wireless router I should buy? Can I limit the amount of bandwith within BitLord? is ther a way to disable BitLord so he can't use it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

I've heard of a program called Netlimiter(google it). You can limit your bandwith.

3. thor9978

thor9978 Member

netlimiter seems to only track and customize the computer that it is loaded onto, is there any way to monitor and limit the bandwith of another computer which is using the same wireless router?

I'm looking for a way to limit his bandwith without him knowing, possibly by making it so that it's a fair 50/50 split of the bandwith, instead of the dam 90/10 split that is in effect at the moment with him and this freaken BitLord. I'm so mad, it takes me so much longet to load a page and communicate with others, its not even funny.